• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How soon?

littlespoon

Young Bun
On Friday Duke had a dental and he didn't make it. It hasn't really sunk in yet but I know I can't leave Tiki alone for too long so how soon do I need to get her a friend?

I miss him so very much and feel so guilty which I know is irrational but I'm just not sure I'm ready for another yet but if she needs someone we'll have to cope.

:( how sad. i'm sorry for your loss.

it's really sweet you are putting tiki's needs before your own. how does she seem?

She seems to be ok, was very snatchy this morning when I was giving her breakfast which is a good sign because she can be a very nervous bun.
Otherwise she's been pretty chilled, she's done a lot of laying about but I do think she's been looking for him.

They weren't as loved up as some other pairs, they used to do their own thing quite a lot, with the occasional snuggles although Duke used to use her a step quite a bit.

She seems to be ok, was very snatchy this morning when I was giving her breakfast which is a good sign because she can be a very nervous bun.
Otherwise she's been pretty chilled, she's done a lot of laying about but I do think she's been looking for him.

They weren't as loved up as some other pairs, they used to do their own thing quite a lot, with the occasional snuggles although Duke used to use her a step quite a bit.

this isn't a nice thing to talk about but did she get to spend time with his body, to realise he had gone?

if she is doing ok, maybe give yourself some more time if you feel it is what you need. it's always a shock and so upsetting to lose a pet, and it does feel as though you are replacing them, which of course you aren't, they could never be replaced. but you seem a lovely owner and i think could offer a rescue bun a lovely home. so maybe find out about some rescues nearby, no harm in having a look and thinking a bit longer until you are ready.

sorry for your loss. :( x

No, she didn't see the body so I don't even know whether she knows he's gone. We've only had them a few months and she's been so reserved that I'm really not sure I know what's going on in her sweet little head at all.

I'm sure we will get her another husband, she's never going to be people orientated so she definitely needs bunny company.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply

No, she didn't see the body so I don't even know whether she knows he's gone. We've only had them a few months and she's been so reserved that I'm really not sure I know what's going on in her sweet little head at all.

I'm sure we will get her another husband, she's never going to be people orientated so she definitely needs bunny company.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply

maybe she is starting to realise and coming to terms with it herself now. i think they usually accept it fairly quickly though.

nothing beats another bunny for company hey. :) they're so sweet together. :love:

there is a rainbow bridge section on here, maybe you could post a tribute to duke. :)

x

Sorry for your loss :(. I would speak to a recsue that will help you to bond and let her chose her perfect partner. They will advise you on how long to leave it to. :wave:

maybe she is starting to realise and coming to terms with it herself now. i think they usually accept it fairly quickly though.

nothing beats another bunny for company hey. :) they're so sweet together. :love:

there is a rainbow bridge section on here, maybe you could post a tribute to duke. :)

x

When i'm brave enough to have a good look through the pictures of him I will do, just need to be able to do it without dissolving.

Sorry for your loss :(. I would speak to a recsue that will help you to bond and let her chose her perfect partner. They will advise you on how long to leave it to. :wave:

We originally got them from woodgreen and I need to let them know what happened so I'm sure they'll help me figure out what sort of time scale and partner would be best for her.

Back