• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bottle wire?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
I'm sick to death of loosing mine and the only way I know to buy new is new water bottles :?

So what can I use to put my water bottles on hutch's?

Thanks x

Bottle springs are excellent, no fiddling about in the cold or trying to find bottle wires in the dark :) I'd buy seperate ones for runs though as they can be a pain to unnattatch from the mesh

I have used gardening wire before, the stuff that is green coated and quite thick. My buns have never nibbled it and it is very pliable.

Mine got lost so I used a thin wire. Both ends off the wire stick out of the run's mesh. Then hold the water bottle there and then twist the wire around the bottle. :D
That makes sense doesn't it :p

Ps A pipe cleaner works the same way. :D And cant be chewed.

I use the ones that come with the bottle snugs. They're essentially elastic with nice big hooks and much easier to navigate in the dark and wet!

I didtched the wire because it was too tight & kept squeezing the water out all over the place so now I use a hairband - y'know the head bands that are like giant ponytail elastics? You get about 8 of them for £1 or something in Wilko - kind of hard to explain - I'll try to get a pic tomorrow :wave:

I bought 10 bottles springs from ebay and have them on every hutch, run and cage :wave: they are a genius invention

I have bottle springs on my chin cage they are awesome :D hate the plastic wires I didn't realise you could buy the bottle springs separately, might have to invest in a few!

Back