• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So pleased I took her home :)

MichG

Mama Doe
I have had my two new bunnies for about 4 weeks now.
When Lily was at the sanctuary she seemed really cage territorial and I was quite scared to put my hand in her cage as she would launch at you, I think she had bitten a couple of staff. But I perservered and I would open the cage and let her come to the age where she would stand and let me rub her nose for ages, I think she would have stayed there all day. So I fell in love with her and decided to bring her home (with a male bunny - Jack) She was spayed and a week later I bonded her and Jack, and it went so so well.

Now they are home and settled in her run and hutch with Jack she is a changed bunny! No more territorialness nor launching, or grunting, she is so lovely and still comes up for nose rubs (I think it is to see if I have any Fenugreek crunchies :roll:)

I just wanted to share because I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into with her as she was such a madam, I wsa sure with that attitude that she would never find a home. There is hope for the grumpy ones to turn around with a bit of space, love and tlc :D

that's so fantastic. :D she must have felt a bond with you, sensed something in you. :D she is going to improve so much now and have such a happy life. :D

Back