• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bertie seizures update...

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well i took bertie to have his second depocillin jab......i paid for an hour with animals at home who i used when bertie had to keep going back to see john chitty at andover for his ulcer on his eye.

£20 for an hour..transport there and back..someone to come in with me and help me get the buns in and out of the carrier...and someone who can speak for me when i have epileptic attacks. Brita the vet showed gill it was just like injecting cats and dogs which gill is used to with insulin jabs for several customers.
I have been given the drawn up syringes with caps on...and a list of dates to do it on. I am relieved as its an hour all round journey...just so he can have his jabs and the stress makes him much worse..so being at home is wonderful for him bluebell and me.

bluebell was flat on the carrier floor shaking lke a jelly and damp aorund her nose and mouth like bif used to also do form stress. once back within 5 mins she was fine...but poor bertie...

i wasnt going to take him as he had another seizure at 7.30am and it was so short i didnt have time to use the valium...a relief it was short..honest!!
it was so short about a minute if that. But i had to get his jab sorted and tell if gill would be allowed to jab him too. if it had been longer i would have cancelled.

hes stuff so snuffly...and every time he washes hard i panic:oops:
hes got an amzing appetite thank fully....and hes pooping fine and more in the tray than out..same for his wees..i think bluebells complained:lol:

The toxoplasmosis result came back..indeed hed been infected:shock::(

but the titre was so small and other stuff which the vet said made it and infection when he was very young. And it is not believed to be a health risk now..or responsible for his seizures.

its says

antibodies to toxaplasma

( all immunogloblin classes ): positive@ 1/16

antibodies to toxaplasma

( Icg class ): positive @ 1/16

---------------------------------------
this low toxoplasma titre is of doubtful clinical significance
----------------------------------------------

it cost me £33.50 for this test done by a clinical pathologist.:shock::shock:

----------------------------------------------------

Poor Bertie has been through the mill recently, bless him. Good to hear that he has a healthy appetite though... & that Bluebell is pleased with his toileting efforts :D
Hopefully now that you can inject at home things will be a little more relaxed for you all.... the trek to the vets sounds a nightmare!
Calming vibes to you & buns x

Glad you have found some help with Bertie. Hopefully the regular injections will enable Bertie to continue to live a good life as a snuggly teddy bear bun.

Gentle nose rubs to him xxxx

Aww bless you xx

yes paying £8.60 per jab and knowing hes at home and he knows gill from all the vet treks to andover in the past....is a relief.

aww sue bless you hun...yes hes my teddy bear bun and i wouldnt part with him for the world....he means so much to us...all our pets do..but bertie is a soft old devil and can make the heartbreaking swipe of depression just get to the back of the line:love:

sorry to hear Bertie has been ill but glad you have things sorted which should make it easier for you both.
sue :wave:

Back