• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Run?

Alicia

Mama Doe
As I said on the other thread the run I have isn't big enough (not high enough) but the rabbits will have a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch and will free range round the garden supervised for a couple of hours each day, and if it's pouring with rain or something they can exercise in the conservatory. I could attatch the run to the hutch so that when I'm not around they could go in the run, but as I said it's too small. It would probably be ok for some small rabbits but I've found a pair of medium sized bunnies that I absolutley love, and I think the run would be too small for them. I might still get small rabbits, I've got until April to look for the right rabbits so I'm just going to wait and see but if I did get these medium sized rabbits should I keep them in their hutch whilst I'm not around and then free range round the garden whilst I am around or should I give them access to the too small run whilst I'm not around and free range whilst I am around? I hope that makes sense. I'm just worried that the run isn't high enough to fit them in but I want to make sure they get enough exercise.

As I said on the other thread the run I have isn't big enough (not high enough) but the rabbits will have a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch and will free range round the garden supervised for a couple of hours each day, and if it's pouring with rain or something they can exercise in the conservatory. I could attatch the run to the hutch so that when I'm not around they could go in the run, but as I said it's too small. It would probably be ok for some small rabbits but I've found a pair of medium sized bunnies that I absolutley love, and I think the run would be too small for them. I might still get small rabbits, I've got until April to look for the right rabbits so I'm just going to wait and see but if I did get these medium sized rabbits should I keep them in their hutch whilst I'm not around and then free range round the garden whilst I am around or should I give them access to the too small run whilst I'm not around and free range whilst I am around? I hope that makes sense. I'm just worried that the run isn't high enough to fit them in but I want to make sure they get enough exercise.

How high is the run? If its really not high enough could you get a different run?

It would depend how much you will be around. And although Im sure you will start off with the best intentions in April when the weather is ok and its light but what about winter when its cold and dark etc

Back