• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

Alicia

Mama Doe
I've been finding out information on rabbits for about a year now but I've just realized I don't know anything about moulting. How often do they moult? Do all rabbits moult? Do I just leave it or should I brush them or something? Sorry for these dumb questions but I'm a bit confused :lol:

Not all Rabbits moult. The ones that do don't all do it at the same time!
It is best to brush them when they are going through a moult as it helps to get the loose fur out and prevents them from digesting it. If the bun grooms and swallows the fur, they can get it blocked in their tummies :(

Offer water in bowls and bottles and change minimum of twice a day (hair flying around), feed daily wet veg in little and often portions to guarantee fluid intake and brush brush brush gently, some bunnies are bit more subdued when moulting so some extra high fibre treats like dandelion/plantain helps keep spirits up aswell, rexy bun owners need to keep an eye on hocks in moult aswell I've noticed as the hocks appear to 'thin' :wave:

Back