• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possibly a daft question

yeah i think it would.. it would be a mass of something thats not supposed to be there at a guess.. maybe we wouldnt spot it but a vet should know :wave:

i think the only daft question is the question that's NOT asked
but.... wouldn't you see/feel an abcess without an xray?

Not a daft question at all. An abcess is a localised infection with pus & can happen literally anywhere. So they can even be in the brain, lungs, round the gut, etc. In the early stages when we want to get on & treat fast, they're just too small to feel.

Maybe I ought to explain. :oops:

My Mischa has a misshapen face. My vet is sure it's residual from his ear infection and that one side is droopy. Which is what I thought at first but I keep looking at him and comparing him to Mini and the higher up side looks the wrong side. My overactive imagination keeps worrying, probably very unwarrantedly, that it is swollen and about abscesses cos I read that that can be caused by pasteurella as well and I just need that extra reassurance. :oops:

Really, I'm just a worrywort :oops: He's not showing any signs of illness. Still the crazy mischief I know and love. :oops:

Back