• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matted Bum

allie1904

Mama Doe
I was giving Smudge his bisolvon yesterday and whilst he was munching away I had a little look at his bum and he's got a matt :cry:

He's very timid and doesn't like being brushed but I feel like I've neglected him now because obviously he is struggling to groom himself properly. It's close to his tail so not sure if I could get a scissors in there to chop it off.

He's been moulting alot and will allow me to brush the top of his coat but not underneath and around his bum.

Help
:cry:

Be very careful in trying to cut off matts..it is so easy to mistake fur for skin and around the genital area you could do a lot of damage
Gentle brushing..again being careful..and gently try to ease/pick matt apart with your fingers..this normally works unless matts have been left a long time
and if that doesn't work ask someone else to hold him to you can use both hands..only cute when you can have a finger between his skin and the blades of the scissors..feel VERY carefully to make sure it is fur you will be cutting

Last edited:
Ok. I'll avoid the scissors for now and do some matt massaging and see if it will come apart by rubbing it.

Thankyou.

Back