• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Ambrose died...

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Ambrose my beautiful REW bunny went to the vets to have a molar with a spur on, burred down. He recovered very quickly but, they weren't sure whether or not he was eating. The only way to tell was to separate Estelle and Ambrose. Unfortunately he was not, so had to be syringe fed.

Yesterday afternoon he took a turn for the worse and died.

Estelle was put in with him, and she lay alongside for a few minutes.

Today we are both very sad and confused about what has happened.

Perhaps there was some other underlying problem.

Ambrose will be missed by so many. He was such a cheeky, loveable little chap. In fact he was wonderful.

As and when Estelle feels happier, she will have a visit to Alice at Windwhistle to choose a new friend.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and thoughts. It is appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry for your loss, I hope you and Estelle are ok, been thinking of you lots. If you ever want to chat, please feel free to PM me.

Binky free Ambrose :cry:

Thank you. I wish I knew how to post some photos of them to share with all of you. I am totally clueless where computers are concerned.

It doesn't matter, we can see them together. Maybe in a few weeks someone could help you, when you are feeling less grieved. I found it very difficult to use.

Thank you. I wish I knew how to post some photos of them to share with all of you. I am totally clueless where computers are concerned.

He was beautiful :)
If you email me when you feel ready, I will write you a step by step guide to uploading pictures. Hopefully it will be better than my paypal one :oops:

I'm so sorry; I lost a bunny several years ago in similar circumstances. :( Thinking of you and Estelle. xx

He was beautiful :)
If you email me when you feel ready, I will write you a step by step guide to uploading pictures. Hopefully it will be better than my paypal one :oops:

Thank you tiger lily, that would be wonderful.

Your paypal guide was fine I am sure, just the numpty trying to use it was at fault.

So sorry, never any good words, just our thoughts are with you and everyone else grieving at this difficult time.

Binky free Ambrose

Oh Di... I bet you didn't get any sleep last night. I am so sorry for you and Estelle that this has happened, what a tragedy.

I hope you are taking care of yourself at this difficult time. You haven't gone to Alice's today have you?

Back