• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Beano-how did she get up there and eaten things she shouldn't!

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I've just had my dad come inside telling me that he walked past the rabbit shed and saw Beano on top of their dog crate :shock: Their crate is a huge one and is very tall, I think it may be the largest you can get for the biggest breeds of dog. Normally I don't allow anyone else in my rabbit shed but my dad took the key from my coat pocket and lifted her down as she couldn't get down, so I'm very grateful for that. Now I'm thinking how long had she been up there?? I put stuff up there that isn't sutaible for the rabbits to have, what if she's eaten anything from up there?? And what if she'd have jumped down herself (she seems to have no care for her safety so it sounds like something she's do!) and hurt herself and I wasn't there?? :( I don't understand how she could've got up there! There is nothing infront of it that she could've used as a step up and the crate is very, very high, could she jump such a hieght? I'm not sure what to do now, what if she goes up again? How can I stop it when I've no idea how she managed to get up? :(

Last edited:
I've just been out to check on her, the blanket on top of the crate was all messed up, the newspaper underneath all shredded and some eaten, chunks are missing from a foam kneeling mat and some tissue has been eaten :( There was also a big chunk of fur on top of it which I think is Beano's :? I'm scared she will be poorly after eating lots of random stuff but she was sat with Gordon when I went in, got up to see me and was hopping about. I put some hay infront of her and she ate some of that. I think what she possibly did was crawl underneath the open door of the crate (which is kept wedged open for them to come and go) jumped on the very little food tub then jumped across onto the crate, it would have been a very big jump but she went to it again when I was in the shed and she usually goes to things again once she has done something she shouldn't. I've moved the tub out of reach now but am still worried she could do something to hurt herself or Gordon could and all the bad stuff she has eaten. Do you think this is my fault, I put Beano and Gordon (seperately) on top of the crate whilst I held them and brushed them, do you think she wanted to get up there again? :(

Good grief! :shock: It's amazing where bunnies can jump to if the notion takes them. You certainly shouldn't blame yourself though. I don't really have the knowledge to advise regarding what she has eaten, but if you change the thread title to show you are worried about what she has eaten maybe someone with more experience will be able to help. :wave:

:wave:

Not your fault Liz so please don't blame yourself. You are a great bunny mummy and we know you take great care of Beano & Gordon.

We do as much as we can to keep our animals safe but sometimes things just happen. All you can do is prevent them from happening again and minimise risk where possible.

It sounds like Beano is a bit too smart for her own good & certainly very inquisitive :roll::lol:

Just keep an eye on her, make sure she's eating & drinking as normal :wave:

Thankyou :) I will be keeping a very close eye on her today.

Beano is too clever and inquisitive for her own good :roll: As much as I try to stop her from doing things that may harm her she still manages to do it :(

Well, she is certaintly eating fine :) I have had to have a bit of a change around in the shed so I'm hoping she won't be able to get up again.

Well, she is certaintly eating fine :) I have had to have a bit of a change around in the shed so I'm hoping she won't be able to get up again.

That's good. :) Keep an eye on her poos. My rabbit nephew once ate a hole in an inflatable pink barbie armchair and the children in the family were disappointed he didn't do pink poops.

There has been no poo's until now, she had a drink and has eaten everything she would usually eat but she has only done a few poo's just now and they were very small and wet :( They looked crosses between the poo's she would eat and the normal poo's. I'm keeping a very close eye on her and hopefully she will being to do normal ones.

She's a good hay-eater isn't she? That should help getting anything she shouldn't have eaten through her system. Sending 'normal poo' vibes for her. :wave:

When I had Sherby in the kitchen recovering from his castrate he managed to jump floor to work surface! He is a feisty youngster and it sounds like your bun is too. I hope they are OK.

We have had some normal poo's now :D

That's good news. :D It's exasperating when bunnies are given lots of nice things to nom on/play with and they insist on eating something they shouldn't. I had to remove Spenser from a pile of essays this afternoon. :roll:

Back