• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woodlice in the shed

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
Just gave buns their breakfast & there was like 4 Woodlice in there?
Are they harmful to buns and how do I get rid.. Anything I can do?

Just gave buns their breakfast & there was like 4 Woodlice in there?
Are they harmful to buns and how do I get rid.. Anything I can do?

They are not harmful, but are particularly attracted to wood that is damp or rotten, so I would give the shed a thorough check to make sure the wood is sound and replace any that isn't.

Woodlice ramdom fact: they mate for life (or so i've read) :)

They are not harmful, but are particularly attracted to wood that is damp or rotten, so I would give the shed a thorough check to make sure the wood is sound and replace any that isn't.

Ditto - but as the weather's soooo damp they might be attracted to any wood at the moment or just be trying to find somewhere cosy! Can't blame them really - the wild mice round here are currently inhabiting our brick shed (not the bunny shed) probably because the weather's horrible.

Woodlice are very good for your garden so you can always evict them to the garden.... :p

I have them in mine too (my shed gets a bit damp in one corner) they are the one insect that freak me out eurghhhh

Back