• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snugglesafe a good buy?

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
Hiya!

I was thinking about my outdoor bun and how awfully cold it is outside. She has some bins with hay, and a winter coat but I still worry that shes miserable. :(

I'm thinking of ordering a snugglesafe, if not for the end of this winter then for the upcoming ones. How do you're bunnies like them? Do they work well?
Thank you! :)

definatly well worth it, and buy an additional cover off the raising money for rescues fundraising section its unbelievable how muddy out bunnies get them when they are outdoors, mine love thiers even my hardy outdoor girl who doesnt really like things like this normally loves it, i only wish they were bigger! x

I think they are worth getting. I think it just takes the edge off the really cold weather and gives me a bit of peace of mind. I put ours in quite late - just before I go to bed so hopefully it gives a bit heat through the coldest part of the night.

I have 1, I'd def get your bunnies 1 - its the equivalent of having a hot water bottle outside on a cold night

Okay, sounds great!

I'm hoping to buy it off Amazon, as they have cheap covers and other neat things on there too. Does it need a cover, or do you find a blanket wrapped around it is just fine? :)

I got mine from pets at home and it had a cover with it, but thats seen better days (my snugglesafe actually needs renewed before next winter), so I just wrap a handtowel round it and make sure its covered with hay, suppose it would depend how likely your bun would be to pull the blanket off, as they would be very hot to touch directly against bunny's delicate skin

Ah, okay. I saw a picture and it says they're "bite-proof". I suppose they're safe then, even if you have a curious bunny.

Back