• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit savvy vets near Chesterfield / Mansfield? ETA:Or Sheffield?

Hanlou

Mama Doe
Don't worry! :)

Both bunnies are absolutely fine. It's just that I'm not fully convinced my current vet is all that rabbit-savvy and I don't want to end up in an emergency situation to be wondering if I could have found a better vet.... :?

We have tried one vet in Chesterfield and feel that looking back, they weren't all that good with our chinchillas and they really don't seem to have a good success rate with anaesthetics and small animals. They gave me appalling advice when I took my hamster in once too - I disagreed and got the treatment changed but it didn't exactly do anything for my confidence in them! :(

The vet I'm now using (the one in our home town) is ok but I'm not totally convinced they are what I would describe as 'rabbit savvy' if you know what I mean??

Operations-wise this vet has never let me down and they have done a few operations on past ratties that went very well and they also neutered two of my mice successfully (not an easy operation!) but day-to-day you just don't seem to know which vet you'll get and I don't think all of them are that good with rabbits....

So I'm researching *before* something happens!! We actually live in Bolsover.

Last edited:
Hi There

Did you manage to find a rabbit savvy vet anywhere nearby?

I am located in Clowne and looking to find another rabbit, but given my bad luck recently I wish to register very early on with a very competent vet.

Thanks

Back