• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just been accused of spamming

Rhian33

Warren Veteran
On Freecycle. Messaged someone wanting a hutch as they wanted to buy their 4 year old a rabbit :roll:. I gave them some info on rabbits and suggested they visit our local rescue for some advice and to meet some animals to help make a decision.

They emailed me back asking me to stop spamming them about the rescue centre :shock:. Since when was it against freecycle rules to pass on FREE advice suggesting somewhere to visit that is FREE which allows you to meet some animals and get good advice? I suggested they report me to the mods for spamming as the site actively promotes the rescue in the "links" section of the site :roll:.

I usually just recommend RU to them...could that be classed as spamming:(?
It's just trying to give people information..
sue:wave:

I usually just recommend RU to them...could that be classed as spamming:(?
It's just trying to give people information..

Apparently so according to this ****wit. Didn't bother suggesting RU as I thought a rescue that is open to the public daily for advice, meeting animals and just a nice free day out would suit someone with kids. How wrong can you be?

As far as I'm concerned if I provide advice with links to stuff which is free if charge then I'm not spamming just trying to help. I'm more concerned about the animals but it does concern me when people say they are getting a rabbit for their 4 year old as it's just not appropriate. We all know that rabbits are not toys and will let you know that.

unless the freecycle mods say its spamming I see no reason not to offer a link to advice.
at least you tried.

Back