• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Lodge - renovation in pictures

blackspots

Warren Scout
Thought I would open a new thread for the freecycle playhouse I picked up.

So far it has been...eventful. It took three trips and three different types of transport to finally get all pieces home. Then, the base which my OH left leant against the side of our house (weighs an absolute tonne, it took 3 of us to move it, with effort) fell on next door's car during a freak accident in the the middle of a night that wasn't even windy. So, the free playhouse is suddenly turning out very expensive :censored:!
The jinxt base;
DSC03349.jpg

Bits and pieces:
DSC03350.jpg

OH helping with the stirpping of one of the very peely sides:
DSC03352.jpg

The front with one shutter slat stripped:
DSC03353.jpg

Ta-da, 2 hours work :)roll:) and the shutters and window frame on one window are nearly ready for staining:
DSC03356.jpg

The playhouse is mahoosive! 9 foot to it's tallest point, 8 feet wide, 8 feet deep from the front of the verandah to the back.
I think the plan is to paint the main body of the playhouse ivy green, and stain the windows, shutters, door and pelmet honey. I'm going to put a house number and name on the door too.

Wow, good on you guys for taking on a project.
It will be amazing & you'll be able to feel very proud of yourselves when you see your buns stretching out in there.
Can't wait for the next installment. :)

Looks good so far. I hope next door's car wasn't too badly damaged!

Thankfully not, in fact a few inches backwards and it would have done more. It knocked the mirror off and made a dent in the drivers door panel. Thank goodness we have lovely neighbours who understood it was an accident. I just don't understand how it fell. It was lay against our house so it would have needed to stand upright and then tip towards the car. But, it wasn't a windy night, no high wind forcasts, very still. It's very freaky.

Very wet here today, I hope the sun comes out and the drizzle stops so I can get more work done.

:shock::shock: It's HUGE! I'm so glad you got there first, my OH would have killed me if I sent him to pick it up and he saw the size of it!!!
It's going to be so amazing when its done though, just think of what a fantastic house your buns are going to have. They'll think they've won the lottery!
Sorry about the base falling on your neighbours car, I bet that was an awkward moment when you realised!

Wow well done, it looks like you've worked very hard on it and it's so pretty! I'd much rather have this than a normal shed and I love that you are putting a number and name on the door. I remember you posting that you'd found this on freecycle, I've just managed to get 24 NIC panels from freecycle, B&Q have stopped selling them so I posted up an ad and someone actually replied! I picked them up today and I'm so relieved as I was worried that I wouldn't be able to finished building the roof for my cage. I'm about to start cleaning them all now. Sorry about your neighbours car, hope the damage isn't too much. Good luck with the playhouse, I can't wait to see it finished!:D

WOW! yikes thats big! :shock: will look incredible once completed! :wave:

Once completed being the operative words :lol: One small step for a bunny mummy, one giant binky for bunnykind. The weather has been kind so I have managed to strip the second window shutters. It takes sooooooo long, and I'm using a hot air blower to speed things up.
Just googling sugar soap and other things to see what I might be able to give the good paintwork a rub down with and just paint straight over.
I'm so impatient, I want it done now.

Colyflower - isn't freecycle fab?! The funny thing is I had posted a wanted for a playhouse and after about a month took it off as I presumed people would just sell them on Ebay. I was resigned to having a friend make me one when it came up. Coincidence. It's making me pay now though :lol:

Colyflower - isn't freecycle fab?! The funny thing is I had posted a wanted for a playhouse and after about a month took it off as I presumed people would just sell them on Ebay. I was resigned to having a friend make me one when it came up. Coincidence. It's making me pay now though :lol:

It is great isn't it, I never thought in a million years that anyone would reply. I've now got enough to make a run for Roofus as well, he's in Peanut's old cage at the moment as I won't be able to bond them until the end of March, it's really a bit too small for my liking so this will now give him extra space attached to his cage, I'm so chuffed :D

It is great isn't it, I never thought in a million years that anyone would reply. I've now got enough to make a run for Roofus as well, he's in Peanut's old cage at the moment as I won't be able to bond them until the end of March, it's really a bit too small for my liking so this will now give him extra space attached to his cage, I'm so chuffed :D

Peanut and Roofus look like twins, they are gorgeous. I'm keeping my eyes open on freecycle now for anything I can put in the shed for the buns.

They do look quite similar don't they, they are a bit different looking in real life though, Peanut's face is a lot more squished than Roo's and his new adult fur is getting darker now, he'll probably be a bit bigger than Peanut when he's finished growing, so hopefully I won't get them confused when they're eventually together :lol:

Stripped the other window and started the door today. Progress is slow but surprisingly theraputic. Had some ideas for the decor. There was a cute blue/white gingham curtain up at the window in the door. As I am painting the exterior ivy green I think I might get some green/white gingham and make a new curtain. Could even go all out and make matching lounging cushions for inside too! I said I was impatient, planning the interior and the outside isn't even ready to be put back together yet :lol:

Does anyone know where I might be able to get wood cut into the outline of a bunny? Where the pelmets meet at the tip of the roof there is a diamond, but it needs replacing and I would love to replace it with a bunny shape rather than another diamond.

The door:
DSC03379.jpg

Cinnamon investigating:
DSC03382.jpg

Sherbert saying "Is that all you've done, hurry up lady, I can't wait to move in to my new penthouse with ensuite. Why is it taking you so long?"
DSC03380.jpg

Ok.I will admit Im so jealous,I love it!!!! Its going to look superb and your buns are gonna be in heaven!!
Hard work will pay off dividends here!!:wave::wave:

Back