• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a new foster who has been horrendously neglectedU/D P15

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
My new foster arrived a couple of nights ago. He had been dumped on a doorstep of someone who has nothing to do with rabbits. The rescue I foster for collected him. His nails were extremely long, his long coat is matted to the point where it will need shaved while he is asleep at the vets and his bottom end was caked in dirt.

Yesterday he stopped eating and his droppings were few and far between so I ended up having to take him to the vet and got a crash course on syringe feeding. He is now eating veg happily and is starting to munch on hay so I think the worst is over. Here are some piccies.

SDC10436.JPG

SDC10438.JPG

You can no longer tell what shape his feet are because they are just big matts.

SDC10440.JPG

SDC10439.JPG

What makes the whole thing even harder to understand is the fact that he has such a gorgeous nature and is so easy to handle.

SDC10443.JPG

Last edited:
he's adorable

and he will be so grateful when things have evened out a bit for the poor chap - he is SO lucky to have found you.

he's gorgeous:love:

poor little thing, I dont suppose i'll ever understand how people can neglect animals that way, hope he has a happy ending x

It is incredible but he might be going to a forever home as soon as tomorrow. He is a wee sweetie and while I would love to see him after being neutered and shaved at the vets on Monday, it will also be great to know he has a loving new home and I an help someone else.

Oh Bless him he is gorgeous :love::love: that's what amazes me about some abused and neglected rabbits they still have it in them to love someone even when life has not been kind to them :(

Oh wow - what an aweful state the poor little soul!:cry:
He is beautiful...made my heart leap at his gorgeous little face....bless him - wonderful he has been rescued and has a chance of happiness & love now...well done you!xxx

From yesterday morning I spaced the feeds out to 4 hourly and in the evening he cleared a small bowl of veggies. Brussel sprouts, savoy cabbage, small bits of celery and a few herbs. :) When it was all gone he moved over to the hay and had a nibble. I decided that he had had enough to keep him going and had at least shown an interest in food so it was time to stop the syringe feeds.

The people who run the rescue came this morning to take my other foster to a possible home. The people they are visiting are really desperate for Oliver so we had to decide if the benefits of him moving home again would outweigh the risks. The new home has a massive indoor and outdoor space with lots of toys and hiding places. The sister of the lady who wants to adopt him is a vet so he would have medical care on hand.

I will let you know later if he has found a new home and if my third foster has arrived. At the moment I have no idea which rabbits will be here tonight. ;)

Back