• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moulting question

crazy daisy

Warren Scout
This is prob a silly question but is it just male bunnies that moult? Both my bridge bun Gizmo and Sooty have both moulted really heavy yet Daisy has never moulted even when i brush her hardly any fur comes off. Her fur isn't as thick as Gizmo and Sooty.

Both males and females moult. Maybe some "breeds" moult less obviously than others.

I have one that is "blue" and his moult is normally quite quick but lots of fine fur. My black one moults heavily and lasts longer but her fur is thicker in general. Our Agouti coloured one you can hardly see moulting but just the "shading". I could knit a coat out of the other two with the amount they moult :lol:

Sooty has got quite thick fur plus he is black so it shows more but daisy is mainly white with fine fur. Ive kept all of Gizmo and Sootys fur that they've shed I've got loads!

Back