• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Won't Use the Run

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
One pair of my rabbits are constantly in the run... they love the fresh air and seeing about...

My other pair (Twinkle and Sparkle) NEVER go in the run... it might as well not be there.... they stay in the playhouse which is 4 x 4 .. they are usually upstairs on the shelf bit chilling out...

Why wont they use the run? How can I encourage them to move about more?

Tonight I have filled the run with hay in an attempt to get them out there munching the new fresh hay... but when it rains it will get all soggy!!

They have two tunnels, and a jingly ball out there as well that never gets used. They are not chewy bunnies so dont go mad for wicker balls either.. or cardboard boxes.. :roll::lol:

Do they use it in the summer?

Does it have a cat flap or anything 'complicated' to get there?

Some bunnies just prefer to be inside, and some outside, but likely it will change in the summer, I would expect.

I suppose they were outside a bit more last summer.. there are no flaps or anything to get in and out.. just an arch for them to walk through.

I think they are just very lazy bunnies who like to be cooped up inside. It's weird because when I had the old set up they were always in the run and hated being in the hutch...

Just don't understand.

That is why I have filled the run up with hay (Twinkle can only eat hay) and I did feed Sparkle some pellets from the run tonight ... I might continue with this for a bit to see if it encourages them to go outside more.

What's in the run? Try making a bit of a tunnel from the arch into the tunnel with several doorways. You could start with a cardboard box and if the like it then try something rain proof. A low table or similar will give them an outside shelf plus you can put hay/food under to keep dry. In fact if you put it so one end rested against the arch they'd have a sort of tunnel/shelf in one. Plastic stools work the same way if you can get ones with long enough legs.

Back