• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Article about potential new VHD in France?

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
Someone posted a link to an article in Veterinary Science on a potential new strain of vhd in France, maybe Helen or Jane?

Can someone post it again please?

pity theres such a high fee to pay for the privilege of reading it....but i have already told a few vets about this and now i have copied down the link and will take it with me when bertie goes for his depocillin jab tomorrow morning.

i think if it had been something that was unique to dogs or cats..it may have been flagged for the vets everywhere:(

thank you for that:wave:

yes but it originally came in from china...and thats a heck of a lot further away!

it can live on your clothes..shoes bag etc for 3 months...and birds carry it..so go figure...:(

Many vets subscribe to the magazine itself so most will have access to this information - problem is if they aren't interested in rabbit medicine, they may not bother to read it. :-(

Many vets subscribe to the magazine itself so most will have access to this information - problem is if they aren't interested in rabbit medicine, they may not bother to read it. :-(

My vet said this article was also right near the back, by the time most vets have lost interest. He said he had flagged it up for all the vets at the surgery to read (and this was even before what happened with Fizz).

I'm very lucky that he had the patience to read right to the end. :lol:

Back