• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't bear it (very silly stuff).

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Urgh. I'm being over sensitive but I can't help it.

In the summer my nan made insinuations that I killed Rosie when I injected her with Sub Q fluids. I was just gobsmacked and my mum just flew (verbally), which she very rarely does.

Since then i have struggled to look at my nan although I can act ok with her. I just can't bear the thought of her touching or interacting with my rabbits at all. This weekend they are staying own here and Hay Monster is living in the living room and she keeps talking to him and whilst I love my nan, I just want her to leave him alone.

Its not even a big deal but my rabbits are my world. I carry guilt for 'killing' some rabbits every day, I don't need anyone to put guilt on me in situations where I know I haven't done anything wrong (yet, at that time, I was still grieving hugely for her because I'd only lost her about a month prior to her saying that) or making me feel worse.

There's no point to this thread, I just find it difficult with her trying to interact with my rabbits.

And yes, I know how ridiculous it is. :lol:

i totally understand. my rabbit patch passed away and my mum and dad kept it from me that he had teeth problems and most probably starved to death :cry: my nan mentioned it infront of us all and didn't seem to care. i haven't been able to be the same with her since. :cry: and i never got over losing patch and it brought it all back and i've suffered terribly about it for years since she said it. and she said i walked off in a huff. i was devastated about it. :cry:

i totally understand. my rabbit patch passed away and my mum and dad kept it from me that he had teeth problems and most probably starved to death :cry: my nan mentioned it infront of us all and didn't seem to care. i haven't been able to be the same with her since. :cry: and i never got over losing patch and it brought it all back and i've suffered terribly about it for years since she said it. and she said i walked off in a huff. i was devastated about it. :cry:

That's really horrendous. I'm so sorry. I can definitely relate to why that hurt and why you feel as you do. *squishes*

Sometimes you need to have a rant to let it out. I can sense the knotted feeling you must have in your tummy when she's talking to them. Your feelings are justified whether ridiculous or not. I think you need to know you do the best by your rabbits. Your nan should keep her opinions to herself!!

That's really horrendous. I'm so sorry. I can definitely relate to why that hurt and why you feel as you do. *squishes*

it's hard isn't it. because i bet she doesn't even remember it but yet i think of it everyday and still grieve for patch so much. so i understand being devastated already, and then for someone to just seem like it doesn't even matter. it's horrible :cry:

hugs xxx

Aw Hugs! I know how bad it is when you feel responsible for the death of a bunny. The last thing you need is someone having a go at you. But I'm sure little Hay Monster doesn't mind the attention. :love:

I can only say that your Nan may like rabbits, & may talk to them, but she hasn't a clue about sub cut. fluids. It's IMPOSSIBLE to kill a bun with subcut fluids. Any chance of your Mum having a quiet word with her & getting her to apologise to you?
I understand what you mean about carrying enough guilt/regrets without a load of "lies" to struggle with too.

Thumps was at the vet today & we opted for subcut fluids - the vet said quote "It can't do any harm, it won't overload him".

Thanks Thumps and everyone else. My nan won't remember at all, and most likely would laugh it off. I've not told anyone how much it's still in my head.

It was whilst my grandad was in hospital and we were talking about us having a 'drip bag' in our fridge, and then explaining what its for, and she was talking about if I didn't warm it up to body temp, and just injected it cold, that might have killed her. Thankfully, I'm not that stupid and always give it bunny temperature; her kidneys were just shot to pieces.

Also, is Thumper ok?

Thanks Thumps and everyone else. My nan won't remember at all, and most likely would laugh it off. I've not told anyone how much it's still in my head.

It was whilst my grandad was in hospital and we were talking about us having a 'drip bag' in our fridge, and then explaining what its for, and she was talking about if I didn't warm it up to body temp, and just injected it cold, that might have killed her. Thankfully, I'm not that stupid and always give it bunny temperature; her kidneys were just shot to pieces.

Also, is Thumper ok?

Even if Rosie's kidneys were in complete shut down & she couldn't wee a drop, subcut. fluids would just hang around under the skin, & probably benefit by sucking a bit of urea out of the blood stream.
I know you well enough that you wouldn't make a bun hypothermic with an ice cold injection.:) ;)
Any chance of a chat with your Mum? So often we need to hear truth spoken out loud to fight the nagging guilt, & stop a downward spiral.
Hope you know me well enough that I'm "speaking" what I really believe is truth. (If I thought there was the slightest substance to what your Nan said I wouldn't have answered)

I understand how things said can really play on your mind and although they may not have realised the hurt it caused its hard to forget.
You know its not true and you would never do anything to harm any rabbit.
She is most likely blissfully unaware of how much it hurt you.
Sounds like it could be a difficult weekend:?
Not sure what to suggest other than get iyour feeling off your chest on here as am your Nan will not be reading this!
Chin up and noserubs to all those lovely lucky rabbits with you.

:roll:

Disaster. Tried to talk to my mum after earlier she was saying nan would like a stroke of the rabbits. She clearly thinks I'm being over dramatic (which is understandable), and she also had no idea what I was talking about until I spelt it out. Now she doesn't want to talk to me.

Fab.

Perhaps she is talking to your bun now by way of an apology.

The older generation, I find, sometimes have difficulty in expressing an apology in so many words, but do so by trying to "make amends".

Perhaps I am just an optimist!

ho hum,families!
Maybe you can just go out somewhere nice over the weekend and let them get on with it.
Or watch some good films on your computer with some of your rabbitty buns around you.
How long is Nan staying for?:roll:

Perhaps she is talking to your bun now by way of an apology.

The older generation, I find, sometimes have difficulty in expressing an apology in so many words, but do so by trying to "make amends".

Perhaps I am just an optimist!

:lol: you're an optimist :thumb: She won't have any memory of what she said at all.

She likes animals, so that's why she talks to them, and why she wants to stroke them and stuff.

I'm the moron who killed my rabbit. that's not the rabbits fault. :lol:

ho hum,families!
Maybe you can just go out somewhere nice over the weekend and let them get on with it.
Or watch some good films on your computer with some of your rabbitty buns around you.
How long is Nan staying for?:roll:

Off to the Centre for the majority of the day tomorrow and Sunday is an extra concentrated grandparent day with my other nan coming too.

This nan and grandad are staying until Monday. Its always a trying time for all of us. :lol: They are lovely, lovely people, but they bring their challenges.

don't even voice those words, they obviously stung but its said by someone who clearly does not know any better.
Its a nasty voice saying those words that need to be put aside and remember all the good, loving kind acts that you have done and will do for the happiness and health of you buns.
You cannot take what has been said but you can forgive her ignorance.

no one has the perfect family thats for sure.
Make the most of you time at the centre and know that its a short visit in the big scale of things.

It will all be fine. I love them very much and see them whenever I can. This is a huge break for them, especially my grandad, and its good they came. We can have a good time. I'm the one with the issue, no one else. I can keep it to myself. :)

Its all good.

Back