• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't deserve buns SHE IS HOME

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Harper has escaped my garden again, I was out with her and she just went into next doors garden, same as last time I can see her but she won't let me get close enough to get her. I feel awful once was a mistake twice is carelessness. I even checked the garden before we went out and could see no holes. I am at breaking point trying to catch her.

Last edited:
I used to let lilly free range our garden. She is so friendly catching her wasn't so hard and the neighbours quite enjoyed getting in on the act too. Once she started going out the front and under cars and on the main road It had to stop she just has no fear. Please don't feel bad they are slippery little suckers and find ways out that we'd never imagine.

Also at dinnertime I manage to drop a water bottle on her head :( (she is fine) we all do things by accident so please don't doubt yourself.

Oh no, of course you desverve buns don't ever think like that. Accidents do happen no matter how well we try to avoid them. I'm not sure what to suggest in catching her sorry but I hope you manage to get her back soon. Could you put a carrier down with hay and treats in and maybe she will go in it then you can get her? xx

You DO deserve buns, she's just being tricky! They're very devious and determined creatures when they want to be.

Grab a cup of tea, she'll come back when she's ready.

xxx

Please don't feel bad they are slippery little suckers and find ways out that we'd never imagine.

we all do things by accident so please don't doubt yourself.

this ^ ^ ^

mine spend all their free ranging time trying to get into the places I don't want them to go. I have blocked off under the hutch and the shed but that doesn't stop them trying, every single time they are out (twice a day) :roll:
They can get through very small spaces, little :evil:

I feel as though it's all my fault, I have called my hubby home to help me. I can't stop crying I think through frustration my cat is with her 2 doors down and yet again Harper is having a whale of a time. But I am here in pieces

Mine will spend hours trying to get into places they aren't allowed. They squeeze through gaps a mouse would think twice about, jump over impossible heights adn chew through anything else.

I caught Titus trying to chew through an inch thick metal bar the other day trying to get somewhere she couldn't work how Loki had got in.

Don't blame yourself, you look after the buns and all your other animals brilliantly. Rabbits are just very good at being naughty. I'm sure she'll come home when she's ready.

you checked the garden and didn't see anything so it's not your fault at all. the fact you feel so bad shows how good an owner you must be. it's be bad if you didn't check and didn't care. don't be so hard on yourself x

Don't blame yourself, I think all buns are the same. Mine are devils for digging under the gate, they know where they aren't allowed to go but that doesn't stop them!! I think it makes them all the more appealing.

Mine know the sound of the food box so if they escape and I can't catch them I just give it a bit of a shake and they come running... Maybe try that?

And you do definitely deserve buns, they are just stubborn creatures!

OMG I managed to catch her,I had a bag of her favourite veggies with me and she was trying to find her way back into the garden, I clambered over next doors fence for about the millionth time and waited and then grabbed her. I can't believe I actually caught her. I even found the hole she got through. Thank you all so much for your lovely words. I am never going to lose her again:love::love::love:

I'm so glad she's home already. :D She sounds like a right little monkey.

You do deserve buns, but it sounds like you need eyes in the back of your head with this little munchkin.

Maybe you should just get a really large run insted of free ranging, she sounds like a real Houdini :shock::lol:

Yep that is what I have said to my hubby:lol: I have never known a rabbit so mischievious. I will feel mean keeping her in a run because my buns have always been free range but I can't risk it anymore. She is a little monster:lol::lol::lol:

Yep that is what I have said to my hubby:lol: I have never known a rabbit so mischievious. I will feel mean keeping her in a run because my buns have always been free range but I can't risk it anymore. She is a little monster:lol::lol::lol:

Santa on here has these great panels which she used to stretch around the garden, so they still had a huge area to run around in, but couldn't get out. like a fence really (I "borrowed" them from her a year or so ago and still have them :oops: )

Back