• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Jasmine's weight photo update :)

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
My pretty girl has gone from this....

DSCI0716.jpg

DSCI0714-1.jpg

To this :D

IMG00030-20110225-1011.jpg

IMG00029-20110225-1008.jpg

I'm not sure how much she weighs as I've been forbidden by the vet to use my inaccurate scales for her :oops::lol: but we are going down for her myxi jab tomorrow so I'll get a weigh-in then

(Those first pictures made me cry looking at them again :oops: I'd forgotten just how gaunt she looked :cry:)

how did you help her gain the weigth my yuki is quite low and needs weight gain

well first she was tested for everything under the sun, given a dental and treated for an infection so I'd definitely recommend taking Yuki to the vets if you haven't already

Then I fed her Burgess Junior pellets and porridge every day until she started gaining :) she still gets the baby pellets every other day

soo there was reall no reason to her being soo thin, abit like my mabel? i keep wondering if i should get burgess junior pellets for mabel rosie was on them for years

soo there was reall no reason to her being soo thin, abit like my mabel? i keep wondering if i should get burgess junior pellets for mabel rosie was on them for years

well I'm not sure, she started to pick up after the vet gave her baytril, steroids and metacam because the only thing it could have been was an infection somewhere or cancer. So it is possible it was an infection from her dental or from her spay complications, but you aren't meant to give steroids and metacam at the same time, she was just really on her last chance :(

Definitely worth trying the burgess junior pellets :D I normally feed Science Selective, not a massive burgess fan but they have made a massive difference to her

well I'm not sure, she started to pick up after the vet gave her baytril, steroids and metacam because the only thing it could have been was an infection somewhere or cancer. So it is possible it was an infection from her dental or from her spay complications, but you aren't meant to give steroids and metacam at the same time, she was just really on her last chance :(

Definitely worth trying the burgess junior pellets :D I normally feed Science Selective, not a massive burgess fan but they have made a massive difference to her

thanks yeah i feed SS too, but when locksley was little i fed him burgess junior the burgess excell, i will give her some junior but also keep her on SS as i prefer to feed them that

thanks yeah i feed SS too, but when locksley was little i fed him burgess junior the burgess excell, i will give her some junior but also keep her on SS as i prefer to feed them that

that's what I do :thumb: every other day I herd her and Daphne into the other room and give them a bowl full of burgess :)

Is it really bad that i cant see a difference?

Look towards the rear, the hips are fairly angular in the first pic, more rounded in the last.

She looks great Nicola. We've just started getting Bluebell's weight back on track and its very rewarding isn't it.

Back