• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring is almost here

Mrs Cullen

Alpha Buck
Noticed this morning that I am getting plants coming up in the garden. So I am going to have to get out there today and do some digging as I don't know what they are and i don't want the Bun's eating them. Is it the rule that if the plant has a bulb it's not good to eat?

My garden looks like a bomb site :( It was beautiful last year. We've had a lot of winday days and there's stuff blown all over the place at the minute. All the pots are full of last years dead plants too. Need to get it sorted out soon :oops:

It's a good general rule but really only the bulb itself is toxic, the leaves less so. So the odd nibble of a daffodil leaf is fine, but the bulbs must be avoided definitely!

Saying that, some Spring plants such as cuckoo pint/lords and ladies has a pungent toxic leaf also so best to avoid all buld plants :wave:

We've got Daffs in full bloom already :love:

I never let the buns eat anything other than grass from the garden.

Back