• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit with no ears !

Aww sweet. My Nancy ended up with one ear from a fox attack. I used to call her my little peanut. I can put up a pic if you like. This was when the fur grew back after her 2 ops. :wave:

Aww sweet. My Nancy ended up with one ear from a fox attack. I used to call her my little peanut. I can put up a pic if you like. This was when the fur grew back after her 2 ops. :wave:

yes please I would love to see a pic. She must of been a lucky bun to survive a fox attack :shock:

yes please I would love to see a pic. She must of been a lucky bun to survive a fox attack :shock:

Yes, what a shock when we found her. She was in a fox proof hutch, so all it could get was her ear. Bunnies have been indoors ever since and that was 2 years ago.

many mummy bunnies have a problem stopping at an acceptable level and eat their ears off:(

if you to ross rabbits website...their online shop used to have their stuff modelled by one of their buns who was a victim of this.

Aww bless him. I had a rabbit born with no tail, could have been bitten off but we didnt find a scab/scar and we noticed as soon as he left the nest.

I wonder if the rabbit's hearing is affected?

Aww bless him. I had a rabbit born with no tail, could have been bitten off but we didnt find a scab/scar and we noticed as soon as he left the nest.

I wonder if the rabbit's hearing is affected?

I suppose it doesn't carry sounds as loud and clearly down into the ear and it might be harder for them to pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from.

When I picked her up from the vets after the 2nd op I nearly passed out, she had no fur at all on the right hand side of her face where they shaved it off for the op. This is when it all grew back.

S6301929.jpg

When I picked her up from the vets after the 2nd op I nearly passed out, she had no fur at all on the right hand side of her face where they shaved it off for the op. This is when it all grew back.

S6301929.jpg

aww she is such a stunning and lucky buuny , looks a splitting image of my Alfie who has now passed the bridge :cry: I will see if I have a pic of him , honlest they are doubles !

Sadly Nancy passed away on the 2nd of February at the vets, after spending a few nights there. Breathing problems, after everything she went through.
Nancy came from a rescue centre but was originally used for breeding. She was a very happy girl, she adored Sunshine.

Sadly Nancy passed away on the 2nd of February at the vets, after spending a few nights there. Breathing problems, after everything she went through.
Nancy came from a rescue centre but was originally used for breeding. She was a very happy girl, she adored Sunshine.

aww, she was very beautiful :love: i love black bunnies

My bun Parsley has 1 1/2 ears after a cat attack as a kit, before she came to me.
Here she is with her husbun Gilbert.
DSC01352.jpg

Back