• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor boy

unalakey

Mama Doe
I was watching Charlie rabbit playing out in the garden and noticed what looked like a tuft of fur sticking up, i thought he was just starting with his moult, when i went out to feed then and put him away for the night i discovered the tuft was in fact a sore that looks like an abcess:shock::( Im so upset that i hadnt noticed it earlier, it looks really sore and gungy. I immediately phoned the vets and managed to catch them before they shut, he has an appt tomorrow at 5 pm. I have bathed it and it did look abit better after. I have abit of baytril and some metacam here left from Nell's spay. Shoud i give him some now or wait until i see the vet. :?

I would probably wait until you see the vet if you are unsure. I wouldn't have a clue what dosage to give :?

Poor Charlie, vibes for him, I hope he gets on well at the vets xxx

Dorset George had a huge abscess on his nose that came up overnight. It burst and the vet washed it; with antibiotics and painkillers he was fine. A lot depends on what's caused it.. good luck at the vets...:wave:

Back