• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is 7ft x 3ft 9" enough room for 2 rabbits indoors?

Emmz

Alpha Buck
They will also have a run attached at a later date (either this or an identical second floor) - we're low on money at the moment. I cannot let them free roam the house but we don't use the dining room (don't even have a dining table lol) so my goal is to give them as much of that as possible.

They're currently separate but Terry is rapidly out growing his cage (I didn't expect him to get so big, I admit fault with that. He use to be barely longer than my hands when I first got him so his cage use to look huge.) In a couple of more weeks or so his hormones should have gone down enough from his neuter so I can start introducing them.

Pomme will grow up to be about medium size from the look of her mummy (my friend's rabbit) and Terry is a medium-large bun.

Oops sorry about posting this in General it was meant to be in Rabbit Chat. :wave:

Thanks for moving it whoever did, though I would have preferred a more active part of the forums like Rabbit Chat. :oops:

I think that would be OK, the recommended is 6ft x 2ft, so it meets that :wave:

Can they have supervised playtime out of the cage? It might get a little bit boring otherwise, but acceptable.

I would try to get them out in the evening sometime, mine are generally a lot more active in the evening. Can you supervise them on a landing or hallway for a hour a day?

Yeah I usually get them out for a play with me in the evening but I meant more I cannot let them free roam all the time like some people do when I am home, even in the dining room. If this makes sense. :wave:

Could you not bunny proof the dining room and have them out in that during the day? It's one of the easier rooms to bunny-proof as it doesnt have many wires.

It isn't my house to ruin it's my boyfriend's parents house (they have 2 and we rent this one). I can't really have my buns messing up the walls and that but I want a run in there eventually also so they can have lots of space still without causing havoc. :lol:

Ah thats a shame that they like the walls, most buns dont seem to care too much about them. I know the worries of living in a rented house, not ideal is it :)

A better (and most likely cheaper) option to a traditional run would be a wall of NIC panels or pen panels around the walls to protect them. This way you could give them the entire room, or you could fence off most of it for them. You then wouldn't even need to buy the hutch/cage youre looking at.

Shuette has a lovely example of bunny-proofing in her lionhead's room *waits for her to post pictures* :D

When I checked my rooms dimensions that the new run will be in it covers half the entire room's space so I decided to order it as 50 quid for such a size is a bargain really compared to other prices I have seen elsewhere. I'm going to buy a piece of wood to go under it for a fiver (found the right size on B&Q's site) that will stop them wrecking the carpet and then wrap the wood in lino (none slip) so they can happily bound about. Got a local carpet/floor store with a huge sale on right now so hoping to pick up the lino cheaply.

I ordered it last night so hoping it may arrive tomorrow if I am lucky as they say the delivery usually only takes 1-2 days. Woo hoo! I am so excited about moving the buns back downstairs as I miss having them down here with me in the evening when it wasn't their play time.

Anyway just felt like sharing my excitement. :wave:

Back