• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ripped Claw

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Just picked harry up after I saw half a claw on the floor, I realised it was his as I found which paw it had come off of. His foot is not bleeding and i dont think i has ripped the quick, does he need to still to see a vet tommorrow ?

Im not entirely sure... but i thinks its best to be on the safe side..?
But has the claw been ripped off right by the tip at which it comes out of his foot?
(sorry its complicated...:oops:)

Rabbits do this a lot. I would keep an eye on him and if he's not in any noticeable pain, eating okay etc I'm sure he will be fine. Just check it for a few days to make sure it doesn't get infected or anything.

I would just keep an eye on it for now if it hasn't ripped down as far as the quick & go to the vet if there is any sign of infection.

Bubbles ripped a claw once and there was a tiny bit of blood but it didn't cause her any problems.

You don't need to see a vet about it, just try keep him clean and don't let him run about a lot on concrete, you don't want him wearing it down even more and bleed

The samething happened to one of my buns who sadly isnt here with us anymore and he was bleeding a little but then when it happened again it didnt it just happens sometimes

Back