• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Babies :'(

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
Damn, I knew Molly and Chewit weren't safe until March, but after Molly had the stillborn babies I really thought that was it, they were back together grooming and snuggling as usual afterwards. The woman told me they had mistaken Molly for a male and she might be pregnant. I'm confused as I don't really know if it was Chewit or Molly, Molly looked skinnier after her stillborn babies and Chewit looks like she's dropped a few too.

They're in a double ramped hutch at the moment and I'm going to have to move the babies and the girls into a one of my large 6ft hutch's. I'm just worried about how to go about doing it.

These girls were pretty much hand-raised as they come from a lady who struggled keeping un neutered boy away from the females. And came over run. Their mom had two litters really close and she rejected Molly, Chewit, Davy and Dash when they were only 3/4 weeks old.

So how do I go about moving the nest? Both girls will lick me, sit for snuggles and really adore me, but I don't want to risk them rejecting babies, and I don't want to risk the babies crawling from nest and falling down ramp.

Pretty stuck! Was a real surprise at feeding time.

Damn, I knew Molly and Chewit weren't safe until March, but after Molly had the stillborn babies I really thought that was it, they were back together grooming and snuggling as usual afterwards. The woman told me they had mistaken Molly for a male and she might be pregnant. I'm confused as I don't really know if it was Chewit or Molly, Molly looked skinnier after her stillborn babies and Chewit looks like she's dropped a few too.

They're in a double ramped hutch at the moment and I'm going to have to move the babies and the girls into a one of my large 6ft hutch's. I'm just worried about how to go about doing it.

These girls were pretty much hand-raised as they come from a lady who struggled keeping un neutered boy away from the females. And came over run. Their mom had two litters really close and she rejected Molly, Chewit, Davy and Dash when they were only 3/4 weeks old.

So how do I go about moving the nest? Both girls will lick me, sit for snuggles and really adore me, but I don't want to risk them rejecting babies, and I don't want to risk the babies crawling from nest and falling down ramp.

Pretty stuck! Was a real surprise at feeding time.

could you possibly put something on the top level covering the ramp so they ony have the top level for a while? xx

It's a 4ft double (one of the pets at home ones) I'm scared if I do that the girls will fight under the stress. :(

Also they wont go toilet on the top bit, only the bottom bit. :roll:

Back