• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rehomed 2 of my rabbits today :(

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
ok..so a women local to me is temporeroly fostering my rabbits as finacially i'm still a little unable to cope plus my morning sickness was really bad also...so she offered to take them for a while for me.

i was thinking that possibly now due to needing space and everything i might have to give up 2 or maybe more of my rabbits.....

well she called me last week and asked me if i would consider rehoming 2 of my rabbits as a lady had come to her (As her rabbit passed away abouut a month ago) and was looking for a rabbit....she fell in love with binkie and rubie....shes been homechecked and has came to see the rabbits 3 times...so the lady asked me if i would be willing to rehome them with this lady....im a little sad as i love these rabbits to bits but to be honest they will prob have a better time with this lady...shes got no children and works from home so she will be given them alot of her time.

she said that if i let her take them she will send me monthly updates and photos. i know its for the best so i think im going to let her take them...as much as it kills me. she doesnt live far from me and also said i can come visit when i like...

my bf thinks its a good idea and i think its best for them....but its hard to let them go. ive agreed she can have them so shes taking them today.

That's good they are going to a good home with someone who will look after them well. Will be a huge relief to you i'm sure, especially as you will get updates on them :)

That's good they are going to a good home with someone who will look after them well. Will be a huge relief to you i'm sure, especially as you will get updates on them :)

yes it definatly makes me feel better....also they will have free run of a double bedroom when shes out and when shes home free run of the whole house. which makes me happy....im just relieved i know they are going to a great home....but its still a little sad....but its best for the rabbits..they are all the matters in this situation

It's good you are putting their needs first as opposed to your own feelings. It's a very hard thing to do and i'm sure you will miss them lots :(

Back