• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how often do you brush lionheads???

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
my baby ones that are still with me are super fluffy....and i love brushing them and they seem to enjoy it...i brush them and clean their bum bums every night.
how often does everyone else brush their lionheads?

My lionhead hates being brushed, I try and do it once a week. But he manages to keep himself clean. And doesn't get many knots, think I am kinda lucky.

every lionhead will be different depending on how fluffy they are.

I brush my Lionlop Princess everyday but she likes her little grooming sessions :love: I could probably get away with brushing her every other day though.

and the big fluffball of a lionhead x needs to be brushed everyday without fail because shes that fluffy!! however she attacks the brush and fights with it everytime it goes near her :?

Once a week for about an hour in front of the TV. Also do teeth, bum, eyes, ears and general health checks then. I love doing it. It's my chill time :love: :wave:

Do you have to brush lionheads. i have 2 lionheads but not brushed them since i've had them as didnt know u needed to

you have to brush most rabbits.....expecially lionheads or else they get mated very easily.. i would go buy a brush and give them a good brush and check them bums aswell....i find the bum is the most likely place they tend to get mated up. make sure you buy the propa brush for them from a pet shop.
becuase if you get the wider toothed brush it doesnt really do much.
i hope i helped :) xx

I think it depends on the bun, how much fluff they have, how much grooming they do, or how much they get groomed by other LOL

Anya .. need done very day :roll::lol:
before
IMG_8676.jpg

after
IMG_8687.jpg

wether as Buffy I think could go without grooming for weeks, though I do groom her every week
Buffy-2.jpg

but when I first got her she needed grooming everyday as she was a pompom of a bun :lol:
SAM_0874.jpg

& Spike like never needs grooming as he doesn't really have much of a mane, so he only gets done every so often
IMG_8441.jpg

I have such a hard time grooming Titus a she doesnt like the brush and runs off. I think because her fluffy butt gets knotted, she probably doesnt like me haveing to pull the knots out and runs off when she sees the brush...

Also neither of them will let me near their belly - complete contrast to my mates buns who will roll over for belly rubs.

To be fair though i dont think they need much more than any bun really.

I have such a hard time grooming Titus a she doesnt like the brush and runs off. I think because her fluffy butt gets knotted, she probably doesnt like me haveing to pull the knots out and runs off when she sees the brush...

Also neither of them will let me near their belly - complete contrast to my mates buns who will roll over for belly rubs.

To be fair though i dont think they need much more than any bun really.

i owned 3 lionhead buns....2 were not that fluffy at all so didnt need to much grooming but i still tried to groom them once every week or so....but my male is double mained so he had to be groomed really often as his fur would get mated up

i don't know if it counts, as jay isn't mine and he is only here for another week or 2.
but he is a lionhead and i sit and brush him every evening :)

I think it depends on the bun, how much fluff they have, how much grooming they do, or how much they get groomed by other LOL

Anya .. need done very day :roll::lol:
before
IMG_8676.jpg

after
IMG_8687.jpg

wether as Buffy I think could go without grooming for weeks, though I do groom her every week
Buffy-2.jpg

but when I first got her she needed grooming everyday as she was a pompom of a bun :lol:
SAM_0874.jpg

& Spike like never needs grooming as he doesn't really have much of a mane, so he only gets done every so often
IMG_8441.jpg

:lol: She does look like a pompom with ears and feet stuck on :lol:

I don't ever brush Butterfly or Wish, but as a normal course of events I brush Hay Monster and Little whenever they need it. When they moult that's everyday, at least, but normally much less often.

I remember asking this the other week but no one helped me. :(

I'm glad this thread was made though because my Pomme hates the brush. I try and do it when she is eating but she just hops side to side (but is hungry so at least stays nearby). It is impossible to check/do her underbelly, she is still not fond of being picked up compared to Terry who is a giant softie. She will jump on your legs during playtime briefly but that's as far as she goes (minus not liking to be picked up she's quite friendly.)

I'm just hoping her under side isn't too bad.

I remember asking this the other week but no one helped me. :(

I'm glad this thread was made though because my Pomme hates the brush. I try and do it when she is eating but she just hops side to side (but is hungry so at least stays nearby). It is impossible to check/do her underbelly, she is still not fond of being picked up compared to Terry who is a giant softie. She will jump on your legs during playtime briefly but that's as far as she goes (minus not liking to be picked up she's quite friendly.)

I'm just hoping her under side isn't too bad.

whenever i brush my lionheads bellys they flinch lol....i think it tigles them so they dont like it to much

Seeing her belly is impossible - as soon as I put my hands near to pick her up she will make a fuss lol.

Back