• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got some great news about scooter

shadow05

Mama Doe
Hi everybody :wave: :D

as the title says ive got some good news, i might be taking it a bit over the top but im well chuffed about it. :D

finally after doing quite a lot of bunny proffing and many of telling scooter off for doing naughty things. ive finally managed to keep him out for a full hour so far, but ive just had to put him back in so i can do my collage work.

But he will be out again later today will try and get him out for as long as i can next time. if he carries on like this and continues to be good i will try and sort something out so that he can come out when im not in the room.

im really happy that ive finally managed to do this with him after many times of trying. :lol::D

That's great :) I'm sure he'll be a lot happier if he can do that, even I'd it's just an hour a day :wave: well done!

since i put him back in hes been dead quite no bar chewing at all. he did chew the bars a bit when he was out but he stopped soon. :D

Excellent news! :D Maybe his hormones are finally settling after his neuter. Hope the good behaviour continues. :wave:

i hope so too. i dont think some of his bad behaviour will ever change though but ill settle for this scooter anyday.

i dont think the handling will change either but we will probs come to an argreement. the only times i pick him up now are when i take him out the cage to put him on floor or bed so that he can run around or if i need to check something and half the time he wont let me do that lol :shock::)

If it's any consolation, Spenser HATES being picked up. I don't think it's that unusual in rabbits as they are prey animals and associate being lifted as a threat. In Spenser's case it probably doesn't help that I didn't have him as a baby, and suspect he wasn't handled much at all in his early months.

That's really great news. Also, I think the more time he can have out, then the more he'll get used to his surroundings. As the novelty wears off you might find that he's not so much of a problem, or there'll be certain areas that he'll try to change, like a wire that's in his way or a piece of carpet he likes to dig and then you can work out how to block off those areas. :D

Mine don't like being picked up. Nutmeg hates it, the other three tolerate it but try to get down asap.

That's great news :thumb: Hope it can continue. :thumb:

That's really great news. Also, I think the more time he can have out, then the more he'll get used to his surroundings. As the novelty wears off you might find that he's not so much of a problem, or there'll be certain areas that he'll try to change, like a wire that's in his way or a piece of carpet he likes to dig and then you can work out how to block off those areas. :D

do u know wanna know something that is very unusal for a rabbit :D :lol:
scooter doesnt bother with wires at all he may occastional pick one up and try and throw them but i make sure that everything is switched off at the wall or unplugged just in case.

i have noticed that next to my bed i have an automen/cabinet thing that he can jump on and jump down well he uses this to get one my bed which i dont mind him being on at all but hes done it a couple of times now and hes charged at the cabinet and jumped up and then onto my bed. ive seen this when he runs around his pen in sort of like a circuit.

and for once in god knows how long instead of biting the cage bars hes just lying and chilling out. :D

i love trying to read my book while secretly watching him being a bunny and doing naughty things.

oh he got right cob on earlier i was reading my book properly not just pretending and i think he got fed up and wanted some attention so he attacked my book :shock::D i thought he was gonna have my fingers off :lol:

Thats brilliant, i'm sure he'll have really enjoyed himself :D

Mine detest being picked up too, the only time they let me cuddle them is at the vets :roll::lol: its a shame as i'd love to give them big snuggles but I just accept they are happier on the floor and get down to their level for noserubs and 'floorhugs'

if i can continue to free range even when im at collage and he keeps behaving good and i think that im ready to handle two bunnies ill go get him a friend as soon as i can.

also for the first time since good knows when ive finally got this weeks ema to myself since all his bunny essentials are finally stocked up. :D

so im going to finally buy myself some much need shoes cause mine have started falling to bits:oops:. not surprising really had them for a year lol.

then next week ill probs get back to stoking bunny essentials again cause no doubt that hell need more hay again. :lol:

Mine have an ottoman too. They enjoy jumping on and off it and sleep up there at night. :) I just have to make sure they can't use it as a 'springboard' to higher things!

Thats brilliant, i'm sure he'll have really enjoyed himself :D

Mine detest being picked up too, the only time they let me cuddle them is at the vets :roll::lol: its a shame as i'd love to give them big snuggles but I just accept they are happier on the floor and get down to their level for noserubs and 'floorhugs'

lol i do that with scooter i was wondering wat the nudgeing me in the face with his head was for :lol: he does it with my hand too sometimes and then does a grunting noise.

i secretly do this with scooter i always give him floor hugs when nobody is looking:oops:

i dont know if ur rabbits do it but scooter likes jumping on my back when i get down to his level hes always doing it now, even when im cleaning his cage. :D

Mine have an ottoman too. They enjoy jumping on and off it and sleep up there at night. :) I just have to make sure they can't use it as a 'springboard' to higher things!

scooter keeps slipping on mine so i had to put a towel on it so he can get up and off it without slidding into the wall again like last time :lol:

he also keeps falling off the edge of my bed hell like go to the edge of the bed and i think he misjudges the end of the mattress and slips off last time he did it he hit the cabinet i felt so srry for him but he just shaked his fur and ran off and looked at me as if id pushed him off.:roll:

That's great, nice job :thumb: And good boy Scooter for not destroying anything!

Oscar detests being picked up too, nearly always have stomps when he's put down, but I do get face licks when I lie on the floor with him, and he'll jump on my back too :love::love:

scooter keeps slipping on mine so i had to put a towel on it so he can get up and off it without slidding into the wall again like last time :lol:

he also keeps falling off the edge of my bed hell like go to the edge of the bed and i think he misjudges the end of the mattress and slips off last time he did it he hit the cabinet i felt so srry for him but he just shaked his fur and ran off and looked at me as if id pushed him off.:roll:

Yeah mine have a fleece blanket on theirs :thumb:

sadly ive not had a lick yet just him wiping his nose on me. which is always nice :lol:

he hasnt destroyed anything yet but there is still time. he fascinated with goign under my wardorbe which isnt the best place for him to go i keep trying to block off to him but he finds a way around it.

Back