• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bad moulting, what does it mean? :$

so thumper recently has been moulting alot, everytime i stroke him it goes everywhere. and he has two lines down each side of him. i don't know how to describe them its like an indent in his fur or something?
he moults loads at the vets, but thats because hes scared.
but why does he moult so much the rest of the time? ih he loosing his winter fur or..

:lol: any suggestions?

My boys are moulting now that the weather is warmer. It's perfectly natural :)

Moult lines are very common when moulting - they soon disappear :)

so thumper recently has been moulting alot, everytime i stroke him it goes everywhere. and he has two lines down each side of him. i don't know how to describe them its like an indent in his fur or something?
he moults loads at the vets, but thats because hes scared.
but why does he moult so much the rest of the time? ih he loosing his winter fur or..

:lol: any suggestions?

i wouldnt worry its normal ive never seen scooter mault so much then he did 3 month ago and he had mault lines too then.

Dizzi and Rascal are both moulting quite heavily at the moment ..... I am just constantly covered in fur!! And OH keeps wanting to have little 'chats' with me about clogging up the hoover!! Oops!

Poor Rascal looks like a right scruff with is fur sticking out all over the gaff!

Photo1825.jpg

Photo1824.jpg

Pie is in mega-moult-mode atm. It came on suddenly afew days ago.
She also gets the oddest moult line too. Usually on her nose

Heres one taken recently - you can see it starting on her nose.
DSC_7245.jpg

Ginger has a nose moult line too Pie :)

P1040156Small.jpg

And the one that runs from one end to the other.. (it doesnt show too well in this picutre, but you can make it out)

P1040144Small.jpg

Ginger has a nose moult line too Pie :)

P1040156Small.jpg

And the one that runs from one end to the other.. (it doesnt show too well in this picutre, but you can make it out)

P1040144Small.jpg

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:
I love nose ridges when they moult!

Back