• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can the dominant bunny change? U/D post 4 :(

As in, can the dominant bunny be dominated by its bunny friend and become the submissive bun?

Marley doesnt seem to put Dolly in her place anymore, shes started humping him again, hes not bothered about chasing her for the last bit of food anymore, if Dolly puts her head down, Marley will usually always groom him, but she doesnt often return the favour! :roll:

Just curious really. I had always thought Dolly was the dominant bunny, until they came indoors and i realised it was Marley. Now im not so sure anymore, is it possible they are just pretty evenly matched? :?

Last edited:
When Dawn met Flopsi what felt like aeon's ago, Dawn was the boss! She was major boss bunny.

We tried bonding lately (they fell out) and Dawn was the sub. Was rather weird :lol:

Dolly went for Marley tonight :( Wasnt bad, she just lunged at him and scratched his face, but wasnt nice to see. Theyve always got on so well!

Anyone know if theres anything i can do? My poor Marley boy, getting picked on :(

Noooo mine were both spayed before bonding a year ago. :p
Thanks for the suggestion though ;) some people dont realise how important it is to get their bunnies spayed and neutered x

Ah right, good :) Maybe she's just having a bad day. When Mischief and Tink lived together, just the 2 of them, they sometimes had days where they would randomly start chasing each other aggressively. :roll: :lol:

Ah right, good :) Maybe she's just having a bad day. When Mischief and Tink lived together, just the 2 of them, they sometimes had days where they would randomly start chasing each other aggressively. :roll: :lol:

Its been like this for a week or so, she just seems more aggressive towards things. She even went for me the other week! :shock: Shes always been a bit of a grump, but i dont know whats gotten in to her lately. I hope its just "spring fever" as they call it, but i dont know.

I hope she settles back down, Marley is my baby (so is Dolly, but he was my first bunny), id rather she attacked me than Marley :( M has always been a bit of a sissy, but hes NEVER ran away from Dolly!

Marble

Marble was VERY dominant, but when she bonded with Bunster she calmed down a lot. She was still dominant, but she seemed also to learn that in his calm way, Bunster was wiser, and she stopped stropping at him and at us quite as often. He took little notice of her stroppy ways - he certainly wasn't fazed by her - I'm sure that helped both of them to become the loving couple they were until she died. (And yes, he bonded successfully with Buffy after that until he died himself 16 months ago). A good bonding evens out all sorts of problems for singletons.

Biscuit and Badger have swapped. I think he found the way of getting the better of her as he has so much energy and now runs rings around her.

I feel so sorry for Bikkypud as he winds her up sometimes :( It's hard to see.

Having said that, she really went for him earlier. I thought "good for you" to myself.

I had a something like this when one of my buns had teeth problems. It was the one that became more submissive that had the problem. Could it be one of them has an underlying health problem? Don't mean to worry you but changes in behaviour can be health related.

Marble was VERY dominant, but when she bonded with Bunster she calmed down a lot. She was still dominant, but she seemed also to learn that in his calm way, Bunster was wiser, and she stopped stropping at him and at us quite as often. He took little notice of her stroppy ways - he certainly wasn't fazed by her - I'm sure that helped both of them to become the loving couple they were until she died. (And yes, he bonded successfully with Buffy after that until he died himself 16 months ago). A good bonding evens out all sorts of problems for singletons.

They have been bonded a year, and they were the perfect little couple. This has become a problem very recently :S which is why im hoping its just "spring fever". I dont Dolly to become the dominant bunny, I can see Dolly being a bit of a bully if she becomes boss.

Maybe because it's coming up to Spring?
Mine are usually about evenly matched but Pipkin always gets a bit humpy in Spring.

ETA: We posted at the same time! :oops:

I had a something like this when one of my buns had teeth problems. It was the one that became more submissive that had the problem. Could it be one of them has an underlying health problem? Don't mean to worry you but changes in behaviour can be health related.

This is something i was worried about. We were at the vets 3/4 weeks ago and they were both given a thorough check. Marleys teeth were fine then, as was everything else, however he has been more lazy lately, not as greedy (but still very much interested in food) and hes eating his hay fine, hes more interested in hay than his veg!

Maybe because it's coming up to Spring?
Mine are usually about evenly matched but Pipkin always gets a bit humpy in Spring.

ETA: We posted at the same time! :oops:

Im hoping this is all it is...and if so i wish she would hurry up and get it out of her system!!!

Back