• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch being advertised as 'big enough for 2 rabbits, or 3 small ones'

e8r85z.png

it's on preloved, i contacted the women saying it wasn't big enough at all. and she said her 3 little rabbits lived in it before and it is big enough ...
:?

whats even worse, is when people don't take your advise. and think they know better, happens all the time on yt. argh!

The problem is, people believe in what pet shops tell them. :(

true, i mean when i first adopted thumper. it was sudden so he was in a shop bough cage for about a month. but the difference was i was well aware it was too small. and had him out all the time, but this women thinks its big enough for 3 rabbits :$

Most people don't research into what an animal needs. Even some of its most basic requirements.

Everything under 5ft should be burnt.

I tend to find when people struggle with understanding that rabbits need lots of space is to tell them that a rabbit needs as much exercise as a small dog. I then ask them if they think it would be appropriate to keep a Jack Russell in the accommodation they have for their rabbit(s) without walks (assuming they have no run or free range time). The majority of times people look really shocked and get upset with themselves for treating their rabbit so badly.

I think people really have difficulty getting away from the fact that rabbits have always been kept packed in to small hutches and just because they don't make a fuss then they must be ok with it.

Back