• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Winnie isnt well

If any of my guys turn their noses up at food I get them to the vets at the next available appointment as it's better to be safe than sorry. My lot always have their noses straight in the food when I give it to them and harrass me for pellets every time I go into the garden so if they refused food I would be really concerned. Has she got any other symptoms?

Hope she's ok :wave:

Have you tried making her run around, some tummy rubs, infacol/gripe water, tempting herbs etc?

With Clo I try these, if he hasn't started eating after half an hours (which is usually enough to shift gas with him) then I take him to the vets.

Hope she gets well quickly. x

If any of my guys turn their noses up at food I get them to the vets at the next available appointment as it's better to be safe than sorry. My lot always have their noses straight in the food when I give it to them and harrass me for pellets every time I go into the garden so if they refused food I would be really concerned. Has she got any other symptoms?

Hope she's ok :wave:

Shes got energy, still wiggles if I pick her up, shes cleaning herself amd stretching a bit?

I was meant to go out with Mai today, thank goodness I sat down to check them before I left :(

Have you tried making her run around, some tummy rubs, infacol/gripe water, tempting herbs etc?

With Clo I try these, if he hasn't started eating after half an hours (which is usually enough to shift gas with him) then I take him to the vets.

Hope she gets well quickly. x

Ooh, I'll try some herbs and tummy rubs quickly, thank you x

I would say, because this is a new problem, and you don't have a regime for her, that you should get her to the vets at the next available appointment (and sooner if she deteriorates).

Is she pooing?

In the wrong situation tummy rubs could make a condition worse, so only do that if you are sure she doesn't have a blockage or any other issue like that.

Next app isnt for over an hour, still no eating, Ive made her move an stuff but she keeps lying down, then fidgeting :? Should I take her and just hope I can 'get in quicker' or will the stress make it worse (she hates being in the carrier) :(

Next app isnt for over an hour, still no eating, Ive made her move an stuff but she keeps lying down, then fidgeting :? Should I take her and just hope I can 'get in quicker' or will the stress make it worse (she hates being in the carrier) :(

An hour is fine. It will give you the opportunity to monitor her condition and get her moving as this should help. The more information you can give the vet the better and this information is best gathered in surroundings she is comfortable in. Maybe make some notes whilst you are waiting so you can give the vet a full description of what has happened without forgetting anything.

Good luck.

If she's lying down and fidgeting then yes I would take her in. Maybe get there a bit earlier in case they can get you in quicker. How long does it take to get there?

I could get to Alices in the same time, she'll have some metacam and gut stimulant.......

Im worried, vets say theyre really busy (as its half term) :(

I could get to Alices in the same time, she'll have some metacam and gut stimulant.......

Im worried, vets say theyre really busy (as its half term) :(

Please dont administer any gut motility stimulants until she has been examined. *If* she had a GI obstruction or bloat a GI tract motility stimulant could prove to be FATAL :cry:

A Vet is the best place to head off to. Sending vibes xx

Back