• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When the bunnies go back outside .....

Bitzy

Mama Doe
....... can I expect the bond between me and them to break down a little??

Before they came in for the winter they didnt even like me touching them ........ now I can do a fully body massage on them, nose rubs, ear rubs, kisses etc etc and they love it ...... tooth purrs galore! (as long as I don't pick them up - that's a big no-no, but anything on their level they just love now)!

I'm just a bit worried that once they're back outside they'll go back to not really liking me very much! Obviously I'll spend as much time as I can with them outdoors but its not the same as them just being 'there' like they are indoors!

cheers, Jo x

I'd expect a slight change, but nothing major, they probably just enjoy their own company :)

Possibly, it will maybe depend on how much time you spend with them, becaus eobviously having them inside, you've got 24/7 access, whereas when they go out, you'll have to go out and see them (rain, hail, wind etc)
Mine are outdoor buns and I know they would have a closer relationship with me if they were indoors - like you say, they are just 'there', but mine can't be for various reasons. I'm happy that they are happy as they have each other and they get to do outdoor bunny stuff. The relationship bit is purely from a human perspective I think, without wanting to offend. As long as they've got each other and have all their needs cared for, nose rubs and all that lovely stuff is probably not as important to them as it is to you.
It sounds like they have a great life, and being indoors has been great to build your bond. Hope they appreciate their bun-mum :D

Bloor Bunnies...

I have nine and they mainly live outside.. I find that as long as you spend some time giving them attention outside.. Strokes and ear massage they stay ok with you... Especially as they see you as the person who brings the food daily.. Lol!.....I am lucky to have a large shed floor i lie on with mine and chat to them......

My bun's will be going out side once the warm weather gets here. I have a Bunny flap so they can come and go as they please when there is someone home to keep an eye on them, so I think my husband and i will be ok for bunny lovin. But the kisses we get at the moment is nothing compared to the love they share with each other. Jacob can't get enough kisses of Bella:love:

Back