• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sad desision.please dont judge me

french lop mummy

Warren Scout
After looking again at my shed.me and my husband have decided there isn't enough room for 4 rabbits to live comfortable in the shed.so its made me cone to the heart breaking desision to rehome mummy bunny when the babies have been rehomed:(I feel its the best thing for all the rabbits..then the pair I have left will have the whole shed.

It must have been a very hard decision to make; I wouldn't judge you for that.

You saved those buns from an unknown fate and have ensured that the pregnant one had somewhere safe to give birth and raise her babies; that's something to be very proud of. I'm sure you will find her a loving new home. :)

It must have been a very hard decision to make; I wouldn't judge you for that.

You saved those buns from an unknown fate and have ensured that the pregnant one had somewhere safe to give birth and raise her babies; that's something to be very proud of. I'm sure you will find her a loving new home. :)

^^^ this. You've also found a lovely home for her babies, so I've no doubt you'll find an equally lovely one for her. You've given her a warm, safe place and have shown her all humans aren't bad!

xxxhugsxxx

I dont think anyone would judge you for having to make this decision. As the others have said you rescued the mummy bunny for a life of uncertancy and you gave her a loving, warm and secure home for to have and raise her babies.

if it wasnt for you doing this then i would still be looking for something to fill the whole left by bramble, but because of your dedication i have 15 days and counting until my new arrivals are home and being loved by ME!!!!!!!!

Be proud of what you have done for mummy bunny and the brilliant start to life you have given the bunnies xxx

thankyou for the nice words it means alot to me:) i think a forever home has been found for her with her daughter,im going round to see them today and see the set up they have for them,so fingers crossed:)

Have they been neutered? you have made the right decision re space but please neuter them before rehoming so their next owner either isn't tempted to breed from them or doesn't have an accidental litter in the future

Hope the new home works out

Have they been neutered? you have made the right decision re space but please neuter them before rehoming so their next owner either isn't tempted to breed from them or doesn't have an accidental litter in the future

This is great advice.

And it is fantastic that you have thought about what is best for the bunnies. x

hi her daughter is too young yet as only 5 weeks old,i know the new owners well as only down the road and she is getting them both booked into the vets to be spayed as soon as the baby is old enough:) ive just got back from her house lol they are going to be house rabbits their room is all ready for them lol.

none of us will judge you
you have to make the right decision for you!

glad to hear that she has got a fantastic home waiting for her :)

Back