• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do your rabbits originate from that your currently have?

Where did your animals come from? Choose all that apply.

• Private Breeder- Individual-small setup

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Animal Rescue

Votes: 49 67.1%
  • Animal Sanctuary

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Gift from a Friend

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Gift From Family

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Pet Store- bought by self or family/friends

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Commercial Breeder- mass setup

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Accidental Litter from someone you know or yourself

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Own Breeding

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other- please note

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Please choose as many options as apply. If other -please comment ..Thanks :)

p.s Just bunnies please- i realized this was in bunny chat after i wrote it- it was virginally going to be for all animals :)

Last edited:
Charlie is from a petshop. I wouldn't change him for the world, but I'll never go to a petshop again. His new friend will be from a rescue

Oops, I accidentally chose for all pets since the title of the thread and title of poll are different. For my current rabbits i got Ben and Timothy from craigslist (so 'other') and Jack is also 'other' since the pet shop give him to us for free because he was abandoned by someone in right of the pet shop.

Charlie is from a petshop. I wouldn't change him for the world, but I'll never go to a petshop again. His new friend will be from a rescue

I know what you mean- it doesn't matter where they come from you still love them just the same :)

Oops, I accidentally chose for all pets since the title of the thread and title of poll are different. For my current rabbits i got Ben and Timothy from craigslist (so 'other') and Jack is also 'other' since the pet shop give him to us for free because he was abandoned by someone in right of the pet shop.

Opps sorry - which are the ones to discount- for your other animals?

I know what you mean- it doesn't matter where they come from you still love them just the same :)

Exactly. Charlie is my world. He was wrongly sexed, I really wanted a girl.
But, he has created my love for bunnys and now I don't think I'll ever be without :love:

Exactly. Charlie is my world. He was wrongly sexed, I really wanted a girl.
But, he has created my love for bunnys and now I don't think I'll ever be without :love:

Aww that's really sweet :) That's how i felt about cuddles my first dutch bunny who came from a breeder. Same story though- I'd not trade her for the world- she was amazing! x

Aww that's really sweet :) That's how i felt about cuddles my first dutch bunny who came from a breeder. Same story though- I'd not trade her for the world- she was amazing! x

I may change my mind in the morning though if he stays free range all night again :lol:

Beano was from a pet shop, well its a garden centre now really and Gordon from a rescue :love:

Can there be an option for "Adopted from friend/family". I don't think any of the other options fit

Pumpkin and Dexie... Petshop
Domino, Carrot, Parsnip, Topsy, Turvy ... Accidental litter from Pumpkin and Dexie
Tilly, Milly, Fiddlesticks and Little Grey... Thirsk Livestock Auction

:)

ps. Parsnip and Domino, Little Grey, Fiddlesticks are still looking for homes :p

i have 1 from a pet shop (pets at home)

2 females whom are bothe sisters that i rehome becuase the owner got a new dog and no longer wanted them.

1 male i brought from a breeder

and currently 2 of zebies babies

Emily & Billie - pet shop
Tommy & Lucy - one small breeder, one pet shop
Tilly, Fester & Harriet - rescue
Lionel - 'used' bunny from small breeder, bless his little fluffy head :love:

Back