• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Depressed Dog

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
My friend had 3 dogs. Tyler and Bonnie who were brother and sister and then Bobby who is 5 years younger.

A few months ago, Bonnie died and ever since then Tyler has gone downhill and is very depressed.

Tyler is 10 years old and physically very healthy, but he really is not the same dog he was when his sister was alive.

Bobby is a manic dog and not that close to Tyler.

My friend is so worried that Tyler is willing himself to death because he is so depressed.

Anyone got any ideas on how to help??? :(

Dogs normally enjoy walks, has the dog been to the vets he is not in pain or anything is he? Otherwise a game of fetch, tuggy or any other favourite game may cheer him up, your friend could do some play training with him just so that he can be told what a good boy he is as this can boost confidence and makes the dog feel better.

I had this problem too after the death of my old dog. Agree with honeybunny, the only thing that perked her up was another rescue dog we took on 6 weeks later.

Back