• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

one of my o/h's mums bunnies has passed away :-(

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
o/h just texted me, he's visiting his family for a bit. sadly one of their bunnies passed away recently :(

hazelnut was at least 9 years old. she started off life in a nursery school classroom and was there for a couple of years. my o/h's mum found out they didn't want her anymore and were planning to release her in a field nearby :roll: .... so o/h's mum saved her.

hazel lived with them and was the sweetest rabbit ever. they adopted two more bunnies from a rescue, they were brother and sister called thumper and sparky. sadly sparky was very troubled and nervous and died of fright one bonfire night. :( thumper was very sad and hazel managed to break into his hutch and run and they bonded! she cuddled and comforted him. :love:

the rescue was over-run with animals so o/h's mum agreed to take on some piggies and another little bun called gandolph. when thumper sadly passed away, hazel once again bonded herself with gandolph! they have lived together until recently, and hazel apparantly passed from old age. she was at least 9, possibly older.

she was a beautiful sooty fawn bun with mad helicopter ears. she was a very friendly and loving and loved looking after other bunnies.

sleep tight hazelnut. xxx

gandolph is now alone but is coping well.

Sounds like she wa a very special bunny, and lived to a good age. I'm sure she will be much missed.

Back