• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bloor Bunnies....MASS neuter/spey

Bloorbabe

Young Bun
Well out of nine rabbits i now have just two Does to be neutered now.. I had two done in December 2010.. Two in january, three this month (feb) and my last two first week in march.... Its gone well so far.. Although ive slowly had to bring them indoors and have them seperate.. My Utility room is like a hospital. Lol!.. I already have my first two bonded back together, and another two getting on well with the hope of there sister joining them next week.. The bonding is hard work and slow but worth it.. I am leaving the dominant doe and very strong minded Buck near by but apart untill there hormones have levelled out...
Im looking forward to spring and no more stitches, and medications for awhile!..

Blimey thats a run of them in one go, how come? Are they all your pet bunnies? I've missed your story I think, your obviously very experienced in post spay care now which will be useful for advising anxious owners :wave:

Bloor Bunnies...

I have had rabbits before, but had gone awhile without a bunny mate after my last one passed.. But in a certain large pet store my husband saw a Dutch and got it for me.. Spur of the momment. He was told Yep a girl.. My vet said Yep a girl.. I was then given a dwarf lop doe.. I checked again as did my vet because the Dutch had health issues. Yep girl!... Any way i bonded them and it was great, still is actually but i found 4 kits one morning which i knew were two days old.. Bloody shock.. Picked up the Dutch and this timei= i had a real good search about.. The smallest testicles well hidden and not much of a penis but hed managed it.. So i got the shop to pay for his neuter, but after the 4 kits were born and a month old along came three more!!.. So all being spey/ neutered and bonded and im lucky i have the garden and space for sheds and runs... They are all staying...I love everyone of them and now all there characters are showing from the bossy to the gentle shy one im hooked... Im kind of glad My Dutch was a Mr c now.....

I have had rabbits before, but had gone awhile without a bunny mate after my last one passed.. But in a certain large pet store my husband saw a Dutch and got it for me.. Spur of the momment. He was told Yep a girl.. My vet said Yep a girl.. I was then given a dwarf lop doe.. I checked again as did my vet because the Dutch had health issues. Yep girl!... Any way i bonded them and it was great, still is actually but i found 4 kits one morning which i knew were two days old.. Bloody shock.. Picked up the Dutch and this timei= i had a real good search about.. The smallest testicles well hidden and not much of a penis but hed managed it.. So i got the shop to pay for his neuter, but after the 4 kits were born and a month old along came three more!!.. So all being spey/ neutered and bonded and im lucky i have the garden and space for sheds and runs... They are all staying...I love everyone of them and now all there characters are showing from the bossy to the gentle shy one im hooked... Im kind of glad My Dutch was a Mr c now.....

Crikey - that was unlucky, well in one way but, you've been lucky it all went well and the kits survived and your doe aswell, how lovely your able to keep them all, are you going to suss out which ones to bond etc and have a couple of groups or go for the 9 all together, there was a story on here not long ago about a vet that takes in stray/dumped/unwanted rabbits rather than PTS she neuters (when possible) and introduces into a colony that are living semi wild in her garden/on her land, she just plonks the newbie in and the group is sufficiently large for a natural process of acceptance to happen, the newbie goes round till they find their place in the group and a friend sort of thing. It often makes me wonder whether a large group would be easier than say a quad in bonding terms providing there was sufficient space for exercise etc although the point was made about health checks, noticing early signs of illness being more difficult. It would be lovely when you find time to post some pics :)

Bloor Bunnies....

I kept the mum and all her young together, and the Buck next to them. When he had been speyed i kept putting him back in with her while i sat with them to make sure there was no humping as it takes a few weeks for the sperm to lower.. They all got on fine.. I then had them all in the garden together untill each one was brought in for neuter/spey then kept them warm then after five days brought in the next and so on... After mum was speyed she and her hubby went back to the big run.. T he young are all in contact and i am going to try to bond them back together.. But i have two very strong minded bunns so we will see.... I do have two young that are now a pair and a doe that is going back with them at the weekend... I spend so much time on my knees with them.. I think they think im the boss now!

Back