• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb

Hi, Wonder if you could help? My 2 Rabbits currently have a little tray which one uses and the other doesn't!!

Not heard of Megazorb before, only from a couple of posts which I have read, do you put just in litter tray and all over cage?

Is it any good? At present just use sawdust which I change daily.

Lucinda :wave:

Wood shavings are not good for rabbits to breath in and can cause a lot of respiratory problems.

It is not necessary to cover the whole floor of rabbits accomodation with anything and most people jsut ahve a large litter tray which they put something absorbant like megasorb in the bottom and then hay on top of it.

Flooring can be covered in lino or carpet tiles or old towels

Hi, Wonder if you could help? My 2 Rabbits currently have a little tray which one uses and the other doesn't!!

Not heard of Megazorb before, only from a couple of posts which I have read, do you put just in litter tray and all over cage?

Is it any good? At present just use sawdust which I change daily.

Lucinda :wave:

Megazorb is better than sawdust because it isn't so dusty and it is more absorbent. ;) It is cheap too!
I only put megazorb in the litter trays because I think it would confuse my buns if I put it elsewhere. The rest of their cage has straw and carpet. :)

Ok will give it a go then. Only have sawdust in litter tray rest of hutch is hay with lino underneath. Maybe will give hay a miss other than in beding area see if other bun will use tray with Megazorb.

Thanks for your replys

:D

Ok will give it a go then. Only have sawdust in litter tray rest of hutch is hay with lino underneath. Maybe will give hay a miss other than in beding area see if other bun will use tray with Megazorb.

Thanks for your replys

:D

You still need to provide hay ideally near the litter tray in a basket or rack so they can nibble while they do their business :)

Back