• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yuck-1815hrs Nomad now Doing Better :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Nomad has an ear infection again and is on Canaural. Before I administer it I have to use a small rubber tube thingy that C gave me to very carefully suck the pus out of his ear canal............. :mrgreen:

I just know that at some stage I am not going to stop sucking in time..............:mrgreen:

*Do not attempt to do this without Veterinary guidance*

Last edited:
:shock: you mean you actually have to *suck*??:shock: Oh my! Can you not use a syringe? I can happily cope with any fluid or bodily function that springs forth from my pets but not sure I fancy a mouthful of pus :lol:.

:shock: you mean you actually have to *suck*??:shock: Oh my! Can you not use a syringe? I can happily cope with any fluid or bodily function that springs forth from my pets but not sure I fancy a mouthful of pus :lol:.

It's easier to suck as the tube is so fine and there is not enough suction using a syringe.

ugh. people always say they don't want to suck on the end of siphons for fish tanks because they dont want to risk a mouthful of fish water. i don't mind that, but ear pus :shock: yuck.

ugh. people always say they don't want to suck on the end of siphons for fish tanks because they dont want to risk a mouthful of fish water. i don't mind that, but ear pus :shock: yuck.

completely agree
had my fair share of fish water but ear puss nuh thats when i draw the line

Gulp ... I suppose I could do it if I had to. :mrgreen: Sending vibves for Nomad's poorly ear ... and go gently wih the sucking. It's not poisonous, is it? :shock:

You know what, I would be fully prepared to do that for any of my bunnies if needed. Even risk the.... What makes me really want heave and be sick is that ner mothers of hooman babies - if the baby has a snotty blocked up nose the mother has to suck that out with her mouth! YUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK EWWWWWW

You know what, I would be fully prepared to do that for any of my bunnies if needed. Even risk the.... What makes me really want heave and be sick is that ner mothers of hooman babies - if the baby has a snotty blocked up nose the mother has to suck that out with her mouth! YUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK EWWWWWW

:lol: :shock: i heard that on a talk show not too long ago. the audience and everyone was disgusted. theres things made for babies that the hospital gives you to suck snot out.

:lol: :shock: i heard that on a talk show not too long ago. the audience and everyone was disgusted. theres things made for babies that the hospital gives you to suck snot out.

Eww still groses me out. I just seem able to cope more with things from my bunnies (or animals) rather than humans. Humans gross me out. Bleurh

Poor Nomad is not at all well this morning :cry:
He is already on lots of meds as well as the Canaural. But this morning he is ot eating (unheard of for Nomad :cry:) and very flat :cry:

He is on fluids and a heatpad and I'll be contacting Laura at 0830hrs

:cry:

Get well vibes for Nomad, hope the vets can help. Oh and stop sucking in time vibes for you too Jane xx

Back