• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jump for joy with me please! And shed help...

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Yay! Much happiness here today! My Dad informed me yesterday he plans to demolish the outbuildings that my bunnies and pigs live in :shock: He said they could move outside. I got all stroppy because the girls need a shed, they will not accept being hutched after having such a big shed for a year.

So he said 'Well buy a shed then.'

Now the reason I had never bought a wooden shed before was because I never thought he would let me...but he's actually given me a wee corner of the courtyard at the back of the hotel, and I can have all that space! :D :D :D It's good because the outbuilding leaks, and the shed will hopefully not.

So I measured it...it's 12ft x 8ft, so a bit smaller than their outbuilding, but still...I can fit a decent sized shed there, and best of all, it will be all mine, I can do as I please in it, and not stress if they destroy anything.

So I have this space...I have from the wall to the coal bunker (12ft) and from the other wall to the fridge (8ft).
180654_10150418850140643_569000642_17207213_1324921_n.jpg

Please excuse the junk...that's the one condition, I have to clean it all up before I order it.
It will have to be a 'Pent' shed, does anyone have a Pent one, looks like this?
http://www.buyshedsdirect.co.uk/overlap-premium-pent-shed

I'm looking for at least 10ft x 6ft.

aww yay thats a great space. Are you going to attach a run as well?

I would go for an 8x6 shed and 8 x 6 run if you can?? I know with mine they are always in the run!

I'm going with 10ft by 8ft :) That way hopefully I can maybe adopt a husbun for them in the future. Sadly no run, the pub door is just out of sight and I'd rather they weren't seen, especially when there's drunks about :? :shock:

And ship lap...what is that?

I'm going with 10ft by 8ft :) That way hopefully I can maybe adopt a husbun for them in the future. Sadly no run, the pub door is just out of sight and I'd rather they weren't seen, especially when there's drunks about :? :shock:

And ship lap...what is that?

It's like tongue and groove wood that fits together snuggly, rather than wood that overlaps and leaves an edge that the buns can get their teeth into easily :)

Will nobody mind that a shed is going to block off the light to both of those windows?

Great news for the buns though, well done :)

ETA: posted at the same time as Kermit

Sounds great, but will the shed not block the windows of the hotel?

That was my thoughts, but one window is just a keg store, and the other is a small staff toilet...my Dad says he will put brighter lights in both instead :lol:

Makes me suspicious and my Dad is NEVER nice like that...especially not where bunnies are concerned (he's one of those 'bunnies belong in a hutch at the bottom of the garden' type people).

Back