• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur

He told me just to read the instructions,which I did and it doesn't tell me a dosage for rabbits:(Am just worried that I am giving him too much or too little:(.thanks .will call in see him tomorrow.xxxx

It's done by weight and given your bun is so small it's not going to be a big dose.

Get back onto your vet so he can advise you xx

Is there a particular reason that your bunny needs to be given panacur right now? I'd be very reluctant to give a dose of panacur - no matter how small - to such a young rabbit without a very good reason :? Presumably at 2 weeks old s/he is still with mum and siblings? Have you been told to treat them too?

Yes.have been told to treat them all.one of my babies was holding it's back leg up and the vet said it could be a neurological condition.o am really worried .have gave them all a tiny drop.:( xx

The dose for treatment as oppose to prevention will be different also, also for treatment *i think* the course is longer than just the usual 9 days xxx

Hope the vet manages to give you the proper info about dosage :)

My vet is used to me taking a notebook with me when I visit - I can never remember everything she says! That way I can write down questions I want to ask, and the answers, plus weights, dosage and times for medications etc :)

Back