• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray problem

stranger23

Mama Doe
One of my girls who is litter trained has started pooing in the litter tray then taking them out and putting them in a pile in the corner any idea why? she has a bed to sleep in but i know she likes to lie in the litter tray every morning when i clean it so she can have a chill and eat the hay but she never used to clear it like she is doing now any advice on what i can do to make her use the tray properly again?

she does put them where her litter box should be as she moves it every day when she chews on the corners they just seem so much better than the toys i got her

Get two trays, one in the corner she wants to use, maybe get one of those high backed corner trays and then her current tray where she lives to lay in it?

My only problem with getting another tray is it wont fit properly in her cage, i know everyone will probably shout at me as she should have a large cage and everything but it scares her, she becomes a shivering wreck if in a large or open space so ive made her a cage 3 NIC panels long as this is what she feels comfortable in (noticed she seemed more comfortable in the 2ft long cleaning cage) im gradually going to be extending it and making it larger hoping if i do it slowly the extra space wont freak her out, she will be going to the vets soon (as soon as she is back off holiday) to get her eyes checked as we think she might only be able to see shadows which is why she is more comfortable in smaller spaces, i do get her out daily but she doesnt really like it wont run about on the floor only sit on me on the sofa, but until she is in a larger cage if i was to have 2 litter trays there would be no room for her to move

Back