• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What type of hay?!

My Bunny Otis will only eat one type of hay, it's from a pet shop who uses a local supplier for there products, and is actually advertised as 'dried grass'. It is very green in colour & Otis loves it.

The trouble is, we are relocating to the other end of the country where the supplier won't be available. I've been trying to ween him onto 'normal' hay, I currently have Burgess Excel 'Fresh Herbage'. it's not as green as his favourite hay, but the greenest on the shelf at Pets at Home. He eats the greenish bits and picks out the brown bits and leaves them to the side of his bowl, definitely not interested in eating it.

Does anyone know of a better hay that is available at most pet shops eg Pets at Home?

Thanks! x

My Bunny Otis will only eat one type of hay, it's from a pet shop who uses a local supplier for there products, and is actually advertised as 'dried grass'. It is very green in colour & Otis loves it.

The trouble is, we are relocating to the other end of the country where the supplier won't be available. I've been trying to ween him onto 'normal' hay, I currently have Burgess Excel 'Fresh Herbage'. it's not as green as his favourite hay, but the greenest on the shelf at Pets at Home. He eats the greenish bits and picks out the brown bits and leaves them to the side of his bowl, definitely not interested in eating it.

Does anyone know of a better hay that is available at most pet shops eg Pets at Home?

Thanks! x

we buy timothy hay from p@h as its only place round here to get it and monster munch over there loves it lol

Would buying hay online be an option for you? There are lots of websites like hay for pets, animal magic pet supplies, willow warren and the hay experts that do sample packs, so you can see if your bun likes the hay before you get massive quantities of it :wave:

Back