• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ash end farm pics

I went there last year and was appalled at how some of the rabbits were being kept.

There was an Angora in a terrible state, totally matted. Also, far to many rabbits altogether in small hutches. Some were babies and were for sale.

I was so annoyed that I emailed the farm and they said that the Angora was brushed daily :roll: and that the hutches were cleaned everyday and they all had regular exercise :?

I shall go up again next week as it appears that nothing has changed :(

I went there last year and was appalled at how some of the rabbits were being kept.

There was an Angora in a terrible state, totally matted. Also, far to many rabbits altogether in small hutches. Some were babies and were for sale.

I was so annoyed that I emailed the farm and they said that the Angora was brushed daily :roll: and that the hutches were cleaned everyday and they all had regular exercise :?

I shall go up again next week as it appears that nothing has changed :(

We went sometime last year, think it was Easter last year and it was as you described :( They had the most stunning giant bunny in a small pen, and the buns were being kept with guineas, the veg they had was all brown and rotten. We complained in the shop part where you pay the entrance fee, we were told they were cleaned daily and it was ok for buns and pigs to live together as theres no laws against it :roll: Needless to say i've not taken the kids back since.

However, the horses had plenty of room and it was nice how the ducks were wandering around, the goats/sheep all had lovely fresh hay :love: Although they do sell the baby lambs :(

I suppose for a childrens farm its as good as things get? I might take the little one again Easter week and see what its like :? x

We went sometime last year, think it was Easter last year and it was as you described :( They had the most stunning giant bunny in a small pen, and the buns were being kept with guineas, the veg they had was all brown and rotten. We complained in the shop part where you pay the entrance fee, we were told they were cleaned daily and it was ok for buns and pigs to live together as theres no laws against it :roll: Needless to say i've not taken the kids back since.

However, the horses had plenty of room and it was nice how the ducks were wandering around, the goats/sheep all had lovely fresh hay :love: Although they do sell the baby lambs :(

I suppose for a childrens farm its as good as things get? I might take the little one again Easter week and see what its like :? x

I wasn't so concerned about the one's in the pens, although they were in with Guinea Pigs, which I also mentioned in my Email to them. I didn't think the Giants accomodation was THAT bad, it was the hutch bunnies that really got to me :(

Back