• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water and peeing

Hi my rabbits seem to be drinking a lot more
I have two mini lops just under a year old and they drink a whole bottle a day more the buck than the doe but it has only happened in the last week

No change in diet or rabbit care don't know why ?
Any thoughts

It could be down to all sorts of reasons, so the best idea is to get them to the vets for a checkover and to explain all the symptoms.

It can be a sign of E. Cuniculi, which can be treated with some medication, or it could be something else, like the start of kidney disease. I have two bunnies with similar symptoms and one has EC, the other has kidney disease, but it is manageable. Or it could also be a urinary tract infection, or all sorts of things.

Obviously I am just speculating at some of the things it could be, but only a vet can look into it properly for them.

Hope they will be ok, let us know how you get on at the vets and if you need any more advice about anything.

Well my rabbits are

My rabbits are both indoor and been place not to far from a radiator because am from Scotland and weathers so cold at the moment

Maybe they are to hot and need to be moved

Rabbits actually cope with cooler weather better than heat.. They do fine in a cooler area with covers over there sleeping area to keepout draughts... xxxx

Thanks

Thanks we have a sunroom we never use it's colder but if their is a hot day the room is boiling and our last rabbit was in the sunroom all week it was cold and one fir both me and my wife was working and all the window was open and my poor rabbit got cooked:cry:

Back