• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I get a snugglesafe for an indoor bun?

Jenson

Mama Doe
Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question. Jenson spent 24 hours at the vet for not eating. They gave him a snugglesafe at the vets because his temp was a little low but this was when he wasn't eating.

Today he keeps going under/behind his blanket and flopping. Not sure if this is because he's cold or feeling sorry for himself.

If I get up from the sofa to the kitchen he comes out to see me, and I've just put a lukewarm hot water bottle under his towel in his cage and he's just gone back behind the blanket, all I can see is part of his nose out of the blanket!

I wouldn't ever leave him with a hot water bottle, it's litterally while I'm in the room to see if he's interested before I potentially waste money on a snuglesafe.

i don't know what to suggest but didnt want to read and run.

hope he's feeling better soon x

edit - just thought. maybe if you wanted one just for this and didnt want to buy one you could ask if anyone who lives near you has one you could borrow for a few days?

I have used SnuggleSafes quite a lot with my indoor bunnies, to be honest, so I don't think it would be a waste. Its something very useful to have on hand.

Equally, a 'rice sock' can work just as well, but need reheating more regularly.

Hi, I'm picking up my Daisy from the vets today after the same thing. I went and bought a snugglesafe this morning, just in case I want to use it when she gets home. It could always come in handy anyway (what if the boiler goes next winter or something?).

ETA: daisy is also an indoor bun

I just sat in his run with a pellet, he was speedy out from behind the blanket, out of his cage sat on my lap to eat the pellet! Then had a little hop around, preened himself a little more (he's doing this alot at the moment, I'm brushing him when I can/he lets me) then went back behind the blanket.

He sat on where the hot water bottle is (it's only a little warm through the towel) but didn't seem to notice.

I might get one anyway then he has the choice. I just don't want to leave him to go to P@H (I feel guilty because going there made me later home on Monday and found he wasn't well).

Is there someone else who would go/could stay with him?

(and reserve one online, otherwise there might not be one when you get there!)

Jenson is now the owner of his own snugglesafe!

I've not put it in yet as it's quite cozy at the moment and he's flopped away from his blanket, but at least I have one now.

Thank you for a nudge.

It will be good to have it to hand, just in case. I gave Spenser one while he was in the conservatory this afternoon. We had trees being cut down in the garden and the noise upset him, so he was pleased to be distracted by his snugglesafe. He spends ages grooming it, bless him.

Hope Jenson keeps better. :wave:

It will be good to have it to hand, just in case. I gave Spenser one while he was in the conservatory this afternoon. We had trees being cut down in the garden and the noise upset him, so he was pleased to be distracted by his snugglesafe. He spends ages grooming it, bless him.

Hope Jenson keeps better. :wave:

I saw your post about the trees, the thought of Spenser grooming his snugglesafe is so cute. Bless.

Back